MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knowing me Mooser knowing you BMW mini - Aha!

Ahem, that's enough of that.

Anyway, had a lovely weekend removing bits of my car to work out why it started making rattling noises after my dealer got their hands on it.

Side panel in drivers side in the rear - doesn't fit properly anymore. I discovered broken clips galore and bits of bent plastic all over the place. Now fixed.

Drivers seat clicking everytime you moved and creaking - seat back wasn't cliped on correctly. 5 mins of removing putting then back on - fixed it.

Dash cracking - discovered how to take it off but ran out of time (daylight)....doh! Looks as if you need to loosen some bits and then retighten to stop some plastic bits pushing together when they expand. (technical stuff)

Anyway - I'm pleased to say that the Mini is nice and easy to take apart yourself and I make a better job than my dealer.

Has anyone been to get small parts such as clips? (wait! don't tell me, they're on back order.)

I think we should club together ar write a haynes manual - get the copyright in quick and make a killing.

Has anyone got an official BMW service manual?

Woman 1: Where do penguins come from?
Woman 2: Burma!
woman 1: Penguins don't come from Burma!
Woman 2: Sorry I panicked...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah -those yellow plastic clips break easily.

All clips and fixings are available separatly though.
For each component shown on BMW's parts system, the
associated clips/fixings are listed.

Workshop manual is on CD. Still to convince my dealer
to get me one. What they have done is give me print outs
of the exploded parts diagrams from their on-line
parts ordering system. That really helps when taking
the dashboard apart for example as is shows where
all the clips and fixings go etc. I am sure you have discovered
that the silver dash trim just clips in in most places. IMHO, dealers will always make a hash of interior
trim. Its so easily damaged and it takes time to do it properely
and carefuly. Dealers are best left for the greasy bits

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has anyone got any pictures for taking the dashboard apart? I would like to stop some of my vibrations and rattles but don't know where to start!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts