MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mini Cooper, manual transmission
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m finally nearing the Mini being back together and I wanted to figure out what this tube/hose is and how it goes in. I think I pulled it out not realising what it was and never saw how it was supposed to be in there.

It’s in the space with the ECU, and I think it’s goes below it.

Anyone know how it goes?

Automotive tire Asphalt Grey Road surface Wood

·
Registered
2006 Mini Cooper, manual transmission
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elbow plugs into battery, other end goes
out of the battery box and down.
Into the battery itself? I suppose you need the OE battery for that. Perhaps that’s why the tube was mostly under the ECU since it wasn’t being used.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes.i bought a used 2011 na cooper clubman.the battery that was in it is an interstate battery. It doesn't have the vent. Matter of fact it doesn't have the vent hose either. But it works great no problems. No vapor leaks that I can smell, under the bonnet or in the cabin. I had an 2001 Hyundai Tiburon. Replaced the battery in it with one used in BMW cars. It has the vent hole and the 90° plastic elbow vent hose adapter. It was a pretty good battery. But so is the non vented interstate I'm using in my Clubman. If the battery you're using doesn't have a vent hole. I wouldn't worry about it. But I would keep that hose and elbow in case your next battery has the vent hole.
If it has the vent hole it will be right below the lip of the battery top on and under the + battery post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts