MINI Cooper Forum banner

Turbo kit 185PS 230NM from Dullinger Performance

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Garry 
#1 ·
Was at the Essen motorshow in Germany and one of the cars there where the supercharged MINI from Dullinger Performance. They claimed 136KW/185PS/230NM they didnt have a price on it yet...

By the way i will post some pictures from the show soon, got almost all the MINIs there on film.;)

#5 ·
Personally, I would steer clear of a turbo kit that does not include modifications to the main bearings, pistons, head, crank, connecting rods, lubrication system, etc. Just throwing on a turbo will shorten the life of a conventional engine. Also, it is doubtful the stock Rover gearbox would be able to handle the increased horsepower.

#6 ·
Why does everybody keep saying about a stock Rover gearbox in the MINI? It's not stock at all. In fact very little of it is the same. BMW didn't think it was reliable enough and so totally modified it. This was cheaper than building one from scratch.

#11 ·
The people with the Turbo Mini seemed very friendly and helpful when I spoke to them at Essen - the cost I was told was 10,000 DM (£3300) which is excellent value if its true. They said it would take around 3 to 4 weeks to complete, and that the gearing was wrong with the turbo but that it was very very fast.

However there did not seem to be room for a turbo below the cover that was on the car, and a German friend said that it had been faked - it was not running nor Turbo charged - I am not sure.

What ever the stage of their development the MINI is a fantastic car that simply needs more power wether it be Turbo or Supercharged, or just a bigger engine.

#13 ·
smiffy said:
Why spend money on getting a Turbo:confused: :confused: :confused:
Just save your cash & buy a COOPER S, problem solved:D :D
Don't forget at some time you may want to sell it.

BUY the Cooper S and the future values will be m u c h better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.