MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, folks. If you didn't know, the celebrity MINI race is just about to start.....so go get a strong cup of coffee.....Only 5 laps so won't keep you up to late.....

I want one of those cool MINI race suit's.......

cheers folks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not over here they aren't! Grrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh well :rolleyes:

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Basil said:
OK, folks. If you didn't know, the celebrity MINI race is just about to start.....so go get a strong cup of coffee.....Only 5 laps so won't keep you up to late.....

I want one of those cool MINI race suit's.......

cheers folks
I want to see:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow that was pretty cool to watch! few minis got bashed up a bit, a few air bags got used! :) ranks were..

1st Tom Browell
2nd Russell Mark
3rd Mike Cooper
4th Jon Stevens
5th Greg Alexander

it was a 5 lap, 26.4 km race :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bugger.......obviously you'll get to see it later I guess.

A few observations to wet your appetite. The airbags work, and the hazard lights do come on after automatically after an accident.......and they stay upright!!

Celebrities really should stick to what they do best.....:rolleyes:

Entertaining never the less........

cheers

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spathi said:
wow that was pretty cool to watch! few minis got bashed up a bit, a few air bags got used! :) ranks were..

1st Tom Browell
2nd Russell Mark
3rd Mike Cooper
4th Jon Stevens
5th Greg Alexander

it was a 5 lap, 26.4 km race :)

Oops...... I guess rankings arn't that important to those that havn't seen it yet...

Nice to see another ozzie on the boards......

:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't worry Basil, I think the chances of US in the UK seeing the MINI race is pretty close to zero. Maybe the people who pay for all the satellite sports channels will get to see it, but there's no chance terrestrial telly will.

For each GP, we get the full race (less the bits chopped out for advertising) but none of the support races - instead, we get to see a couple of TV twits and a clapped-out racing driver or two witter on for a couple of hours before and after, analysing the fact that Coulthard just hasn't quite got what it takes ...

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Viscount Charles said:
TV twits and a clapped-out racing driver or two witter on for a couple of hours before and after, analysing the fact that Coulthard just hasn't quite got what it takes ...
Yep, same again exactly, this year.......

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
927 Posts
We could see the F1 race live on US tv (Speed channel) - but no MINI challenge. :( :(

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Silver Surfer said:
did any one record the race and if so upload a copy for all to see
If you try this link, theres quite a view Quicktime Movies of the practice sessions of the MINI celebrities. Havn't checked it since yesterday, but i'm sure highlights of the race will be there eventually as well.

http://www.grandprix.com.au/cars/index.asp

(Link originaly provided by Rosie)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts