MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I have just taken delivery of my new Mini One D.

I just happened to turn the lights on this evening before starting the engine and notice some what sound like 'priming' noises from under the bonnet. Does anyone know what this is? It sounds all very controlled as if it should be happening....I'm just curious.

· MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,197 Posts
Hi, Noices from under the bonot are usual, it is setting itself up ie: Steering pump for the Power Steering, lights (depends wat sort & if on before engine), it also makes several other checks on itself. This is to make sure there are no problems before you drive away. There is nothing to be worried about, If it sounds like it's beating itselft up go to the dealer (Grinding, hard banging or u know wat I mean :confused: ). (Loud bangs) or stuff!!

Think of the noices as your Mini's personel safety check making sure your all safe and snug in the drivers seat. :p

UKC4

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much.....Only had the car 4 days and I'm so impressed with it. The last mini I drove regularly was my mothers about 25 years ago. This mini, even in diesel form, is just as much fun but with so much great technology on board. Everyone in the family seems to want to drive it or be in it including my two young daughters. With 55mpg (so far) the costs are going to be equally enjoyable. My last car delivered 25mpg if I was lucky!

· Registered
227 Posts
I was surprised by the same noises the first time I tested the Xenons. It sounds like a motor of some kind. It is probably the self levelers, or the power washers arming themselves. If you have never seen the power washers in action, have someone turn on the lights and then wash the windshield while you are in front of the car - its pretty amazing. It will become a little more apparent why they cost $800 extra.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.