MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
aka The Dogfather
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check the date, it does say 2009, I'm getting this in early before someone comes along and bags the date. This is an epic run that I've been thinking about for quite some time.

This run will take in the best of the scenery in Scotland by running the length of the West Coast, but this run is a little different. Day 1 involves driving from just NW of Glasgow into the wilds of the Scottish Highland before pausing for a quick nap in Ullapool.

Then the bit that'll be unlike other MINI runs, in the early hours of the morning; the run will then take the coast road north to Balnakiel. Passing through Ullapool, Unapool and Durness before returning to the overnight stop via Lairg. This will involve driving some of the most amazing and scenic roads at the quietest time of the day. No tourist only other MINIs and Deer.

Highlights of Day 1
Loch Lomond
Glencoe
Loch Ness
Glenshiel
Eilean Donan Castle
Plockton
The Skye Bridge
Glen Torridon
Loch Maree
An Teallach

Highlights of Part 2 - Twilight Stage
Stac Polly and Suliven
Loch Assynt
Foinaven
Kyle of Tongue
Loch Loyal and Ben Loyal

Summary details including stops, rough schedules and estimated costs so people know what to budget for should be up by the end of next week. Anyone wishing to join the run for just the first day is welcome.

There won't be another run like this one.......

The route has been altered to minimise excess mileage and accommodation cost, and maximise scenic impact.

Runners and Riders - to be confirmed nearer the date
1. The Dogfather
2. Crombers
3. Pappillion
4. Sheilz
5. Scottie
6. Bumble <maybe>
7. Smoggie Mike
8. AlexBRGCooper
9. Laura F
10. Humph
11. Ant (classic or navigator TBC)
12. Duncan Stewart
13. Tobes
14. Doggonwheels (Navigator)
15. Cooperaidy
16. Vhyper
17. Simon SJR
18. NeuroBeaker
19. Sav112
20. Countdown
21. Goonerij
22. Weefossy Clan
23. MINI Trainer
24. Stefan
25. Illiminination
26. R99
27. John aka Zoooooooooom
28. Pamps11
29. FAROSSi
30. 0004Bes
31. Grieg
32. SteveT
33. Spanke_y

All being organised via Northern MINI but I'll take names on here and pass them across.

Link to Day 1 Schedule and Photos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Very interested to see your idea for a North of Scotland run. We are the UK's smallest local radio station, based in Gairloch at the end of your proposed run, and if you get it set up, we'd be pleased to run news/interview about the run and to welcome you to the studio at the end to tell everyone in the area about it!

Very appropriate for a mini run to end up at our mini radio station!

I've only logged into this forum to contact you - please reply by email if possible - you can find our contact info and other details by Googling Two Lochs Radio or going to 2LR dot co dot uk

Cheers

Alex Gray
Station Manager

·
aka The Dogfather
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Deano,

So far we have 6 signed up on Northern MINI obviously the run is a long way off so this may change quite a lot.

You might want to direct people to Northern MINI rather than M2 as I'll be keeping that site more up to date with routes accommodation etc.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Cheers Deano,

So far we have 6 signed up on Northern MINI obviously the run is a long way off so this may change quite a lot.

You might want to direct people to Northern MINI rather than M2 as I'll be keeping that site more up to date with routes accommodation etc.
Not a problem mate!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Soooooooo looking forward to this and it's not till next year :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
If Sasanachs are allowed pls put me down on the list

Have live in Scotland for 14 yrs and parents still up there so I think I qualify!

BTW these roads are amazing and the scenery the best in Britain!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts