MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 51 plate cooper and while cleaning my car yesterday I noticed in the boot under the carpet are 2 cables with connectors on them. They look like official mini cables not some that someone has previously added. Do we know what these are for?

Any help would be much appriciated.

Thanks

James

·
Registered
33 Posts
A picture would help but they sound like the iBus and the Audio cables for a CD Changer.

Are they on the right hand side of the car, below the cubby?

Im hopefully going to connect mine to an intravee (If it has shown up) tonight!!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
they'd be behind the plastic on the right surely. Thats why i did'nt suggest those. however i suppose somebody could have rerouted them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe someone took a changer out and didnt bother putting them back under the plastic and into the cubby.

When I took my changer out, the cables were just pulled under the plastic trim below the cubby.

I wouldnt have thought there were any other cables they could be that are loose in that location.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, I would get a photo but its chucking it down outside :( anyway it sounds like its answered. They are on the righthand side yeah. Do you have to get a BMW Mini multi changer or are the cables a standard or can you get adapters to fit other makes etc. Just wondered what my options are now ive found out I can have a multi changer.................quite exciting haha.

Thanks again.

James.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just acquired an '05 S convertible (Chili Red)... the window sticker says it is "pre-wired for 6-disc CD changer". I don't see any obvious cables in the boot, and no easily removable trim (there is one visible screw on each side, but the trim seems like one monolithic piece, and the screw doesn't appear to be holding it in place). Any advice before I start tugging and prying?

thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pried loose the forward part of the trim on the right side of the boot -- and found what appears to be part of the convertible top mechanism, and a block of foam below that, but no un-connected cables. I didn't get enough trim loosened at the back of the boot to get the entire piece out, so it's possible that they're hiding in there somewhere. I could also see two cables in the pop-out opening (presumably) to service the right taillight assembly, but they didn't appear to have any loose ends, either.

I removed the bolster below the steering column to see if I could see enough of the back of the head unit -- I could see the main connector, and a white one below that, but couldn't tell what else was plugged in to it. I'd like to know for sure whether the cables are in place or not, as it might end up affecting my iPod adaptor selection (I'm still researching).

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
-tom

·
Registered
382 Posts
I pried loose the forward part of the trim on the right side of the boot -- and found what appears to be part of the convertible top mechanism, and a block of foam below that, but no un-connected cables. I didn't get enough trim loosened at the back of the boot to get the entire piece out, so it's possible that they're hiding in there somewhere. I could also see two cables in the pop-out opening (presumably) to service the right taillight assembly, but they didn't appear to have any loose ends, either.

I removed the bolster below the steering column to see if I could see enough of the back of the head unit -- I could see the main connector, and a white one below that, but couldn't tell what else was plugged in to it. I'd like to know for sure whether the cables are in place or not, as it might end up affecting my iPod adaptor selection (I'm still researching).

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,
-tom

The search button is your friend ;)

http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-convertible/90945-cd-changer-pre-wiring-location.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts