MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im buying a countryman D auto, 9000 miles, used as a motability car from new - march 2017, the front tyres look pretty worn on the outer edge, the dealer Evans

Halshaw says if its the tracking they will put new tyres on - if not its just wear and tear and they wont do anything

theyre offering me a 2 year extended warranty for £450k - is this a good deal?

what is the expected wear level at 9000 miles and has anyone bought a used mini from evans halshaw
thanks

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
£225 per year is about where the costs of warranty's are for that car you could check with company's like warranty-wise what they charge, as for tyres if tyres are not roadworthy then they would be breaking the consumer laws etc for selling a car knowingly not roadworthy, if the tyres are worn on the edges it could be tracking or a bush or joint somewhere but could also be signs of being driven hard by last user/owner, bare in mind just because someone is registered disabled dont make them a slow driver etc, as many people with other illnesses that qualify for mobility etc, 9k on a set of tyres all depends on the driver and the roads etc how hard driven etc,

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
im buying a countryman D auto, 9000 miles, used as a motability car from new - march 2017, the front tyres look pretty worn on the outer edge, the dealer Evans

Halshaw says if its the tracking they will put new tyres on - if not its just wear and tear and they wont do anything
If a tyre wears in the centre the tyre pressure is too high, if it wears at both outer edges the tyre pressure is too low. If it wears only at one edge then something is wrong and tracking is by far the most common fault to cure this. Hard driving wears tyres quickly but it should be an even wear if the suspension is tip top.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You will be clearly spending alot of money, go to a mini dealer...you will also get 12 months warranty.
I've just purchased a countryman 2017 for the wife, looked at alot of cars and dealt with a lot of sales guys! ....The Mini sales guy was 110% better to deal with than any other garage I visited (stockton branch).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts