MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased an MCS and am experiencing a bit of difficulty when pulling away from a standstill. The car seems to be struggling to break inertia.

I don't drop the clutch nor rev the car particularly hard (~2500 revs) but when pulling away I often get tyre screech and then receive a slapping from the ASC. This never used to happen in my old car (Ford KA), which would scrabble around but not screech. This is always in the dry.

This is a fairly simply problem which I believe is either driver error or tyres.

The car has 17" wheels (204/45/17), with Dunlop 9000s at the front and Pirelli [email protected] at the rear (with 4mm tread all around).

Does anyone have an opinion on the fault here? What revs do you dial in for a totally clean getaway?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
From what I can see it's nothing more than just wheelspin just before your TC kicks in. Just be a bit more slow with your clutch is all I can say really mate. I don't have the problem too much with my MCS but I don't bother with the TC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the helpful responses guys ;o)

I checked the pressures on the tyres and had to change them all by 1 or 2 psi. The screech has now gone away and I'm pulling away much cleaner. Sweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts