MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Holtz tyre weld is the gunky stuff but it also inflates your tyre all in one can ,and it fits in inside the cubby hole on either the left or right of the boot.I did purchase a compressor with some official MINI tyre gunk when i changed my previous MINI to non runflats but on reading the instructions it wasn't suitable for the 17" tyres i had.Hence why i bought the Holtz tyreweld, i checked to make sure it was okay to use with my tryes and it was.I didn't use the tyre weld or the official gunk although i had quite a few punctures.I was never that far from home or a garage so i just used the compressor to blow it up until i could get to have it repaired.Wilkinsons/Wilko do a compressor for about £10

1,462 Posts
Unlucky eh...what i didn't say was that i had a tack in the left rear in the first month of ownership....a six inch nail that went across the tyre tread but only went through the tread and not the tyre, again ,left rear...then a rusty screw in the .........left rear and finally once i changed to non runflats i had a puncture in my new Bridgestone in the ........wait for it........yes......the left rear.So i'm inclined to agree with the unlucky verdict.

1,462 Posts
Regarding the Run Flat Indicator,yes it still works with non runflats,apparently it uses the ABS to monitor the speed of the rotation or something like that(i'm sure someone can explain it correctly) so its not actually related to the runflat but whatever tyre you have on the rim.In itself a very handy device.When i specced my new MINI ONE i opted to have the spare wheel as piece of mind for when i change to non runflats.I will say that i was expecting quite a difference in ride quality when i swopped to the non runflat rubber on my previous MINI but i didn't find that to be the case,there didn't seem to be much difference at all,apart from the price...the Bridgetone Potenzas i put on were £100 each as opposed to £167 i was quoted for a Pirelli euphoria(surely they should be had under the trades descriptions act,who'd be euphoric after paying for 4 of those.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.