MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have many questions about the U.S. MINI Cooper options and specifications. Anyone have any ideas on the following:
1. Is it possible to delete an item in one of the option packages? (I don't think I want to get the rear spoiler in the Sport Package, for example.)
2. Why are all season run flat tires available with the Cooper S but not listed for the Cooper? I would like to get 16 inch all season run flat tires.
3. Does anyone know what the following options will cost: mudflaps (dealer option?), lumbar support, faux wood trim, on-board computer?
4. Is the Cooper a "50-state" emissions vehicle? Or is it necessary to spec California emissions?
5. How much does the sunroof intrude on headroom?
6. If the on-board computer is not included, will there be an outside temperature indicator still?
7. Do U.S. spec cars have a glovebox?
8. Which colors are classified as "metallic paint," and which are not?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Following up on my own question, based on the U.S. brochure that someone just recently added (thanks!):
1. Doesn't look like it is possible to delete an option from a package.
2. The mystery deepens. The U.S. brochure says "all season" in one place and "performance" in another. So I'm not sure what type of tires those 16 inch run flats are with the Cooper.
3. Don't know, but others have said the mudflaps themselves cost 20 pounds (about 30 dollars), plus installation.
4. Still don't know. Anyone?
5. Other threads discuss this.
6. In the U.K. that seems to be the case at least.
7. Yup. Air conditioned, no less.
8. Brochure has that. Everything but one of the blacks, the red, and yellow are metallic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts