MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I better get the registration plate in advance of the car. Checked out the Massachsetts DMV web-site to see what was available. Came up with GOMINI, went to the Registry, paid for and ordered the plate. Although I'll get it in about 2 months when I'll (please God, hopefully) be ordering my S, I figured better now than later when the choices may be severly narrowed. At least now I'm guaranteed a cool plate to match a cool car!
In Massachusetts we are limited to 6 characters, must begin and end with a letter, no spaces allowed. Restrictive, but not too bad.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I also ordered (and received) a vanity plate for my future MINI (it's currently on the back of an '86 Isuzu Pickup - which will be "gone" when the MINI arrives next spring).

Plate reads "RSD MINI" (my initials). I also have a 1974 MG Midget "RSD MG". :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Remember the first episode of the old Batman TV show? (btw I'm 48 yrs old) Batman and Robin go into a nightclub. The maitre d' rushes up very obsequiously and says "Table right in front, Batman?" Batman replies, dead serious: "Thanks, we'll just sit at the bar. We don't want to be conspicuous"

I think I'm just going to stick with general-issue plates.

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured that as long as I'm driving a MINI -which as many who are driving in the UK now will concede- that gets a lot of looks and attention I might as well have the plate to go with it. A two-color-scheme MINI S (like yellow w/white top and white mirrors and black body moldings sure sticks out in a crowd anyway.....so what the heck! It'll add to the fun.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I placed on my classic Mini 'A MINI' so that everyone who came up behind me would have the answer to the question all seemed to ask each other. You get real good at reading lips in a mirror. For the MINI, I am thinking A02MINI or MADMEN after the Mini club I am in. I can not go and get my plate before the car. Here in Iowa we need to put it on a vehicle. I hate to buy a junker only to register the plate, or to put the plate on my VW Kombi. Heres hoping that come May I am one of the first and very few in the state to get my S (#3) so I can pick pretty much any plate I wish.

Mike:D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts