MINI Cooper Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
:( i was doing roughly 90 on motorway and think i was caught.....i heard you get 3 points and £60 fine, does it affect insurance much? cause i dont really think i can afford it to go up much more!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Shouldn't make too much difference to your insurance - I remember a few years back when I got my first (and hopefully only!) 3 points, I phoned the insurance company to inform them and the guy on the end of the phone said not to worry about 3 points as it is such a common occurrence, they kind of allow for it. Not that I'm condoning speeding but I guess we've all been travelling at over 70mph on the motorway at some point!

·
A Phantom
26,425 Posts
:( i was doing roughly 90 on motorway n think i was caught.....i heard u get 3 points and £60 fine, does it affect insurance much? cuz i dont really think i can afford it to go up much more!!!
SP50 three points but if you were doin 10 mph would have been a ban....:p

thats what i go told by a traffic cop :eek:

·
Cleaning Whore
356 Posts
I have got 3 points for a TS10 (traffic light) did not make mine go up to much, not sure if speeding is different

if its your first three points your insurance wont go up much, prob nothing atall to be honest..... 3 points for going through red lights have a different code and its worse as speeding.... as everyone speeds in the insurance company eye, but its bad driving going through a red light... so insurance will go up then... but still there can be times where you really dont realise you go through one!

You think you were caught? What happened if you don't mind me asking?
prob a speed camera on a bridge =]

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Just coz you have a Cooper S, doesnt mean you have to speed ;)

You should find out within about 14 days if you have been caught. Most speed cameras/vans are set to 10% + 2mph, though im not sure if the motorway is slightly higher, give or take. Not sure, never wanted to risk finding out!

·
Factory JCW
658 Posts
Do mean the cameras on the bridges :confused: There only switched on when there is a variable speed limit in force and are usually set 10% plus 2mph over the speed limit

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do mean the cameras on the bridges :confused: There only switched on when there is a variable speed limit in force and are usually set 10% plus 2mph over the speed limit
mobile van it was on the bridge. typical, should of just came off early! hehe

·
Registered
557 Posts
A lot of the time the cameras on those vans are ANPR... looking for tax dodgers etc. Like someone else said, the have 14 days to let you know or the penalty is void.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
OK folks, she was only asking advice on what would happen. All of you need to step off your soap boxes because I am sure that most of you have sped at some point in your life. I know I have....

;)

Let's please keep this on topic and not chastise her for a mistake.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
was the camera pointing at you or behind you??
was pointing toward.

oh n thanx to ppl giving nice replies, the others just get my back up when they must be so perfect as to never of sped or been worried about doing something wrong :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.