MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
MINI Fan (atic)
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently seen some colour registries crop up (Yellow, Indi Blue..etc). All these look very nice and no offence intended to those owners BUT...

Black and white is a classic combo IMHO.... Despite the Black MINI coming 4th in the "UK-only Colour Poll" with 10% votes (still gives us SOME exclusivity), I have yet to see a Black MCS registry. Hence the point of this thread.
I have seen countless DS and EB MCS on the road since last week, but only one other black ones.

I shall kick it off, as I have last week taken delivery of a Black/White S, with white bonnet stripes. I would very much like to see the other combinations people have, such as all black, aero kit, viper stripes...etc.

I also think that this colour is the most suited to the aero kit grille being fitted. Although I like the front of my car, I cannot help thinking that getting rid of the chrome surround would tidy it up no end. Having seen photos of other MINI's in this combination, and with the price only being £50-60 for parts, I am liking it even more. I do not anticipate doing ANY modifications to my car (except for this one)...

Come on Black S owners... stand up and be counted as one of the (exclusive) 10% !!

Kodak

Attachments

·
MINI2 Jedi Master
1,237 Posts
Looks like I qualify then :) I have a solid black Cooper S with white wheels, roof and mirrors. I love the combo and for me the colour was never in question even from before I ordered. I do agree that the front Aero grille looks very stylish on a black MCS. I have been thinking of getting it done but im not so keen on fitting it myself and was hoping BMW might do it :( . Maybe its worth a try me asking them ..

·
MINI Fan (atic)
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
badboyzbadboyz said:
...I have a solid black Cooper S with white wheels, roof and mirrors. I love the combo and for me the colour was never in question even from before I ordered...
Lucky for you then, badboyz... The reason I took 9 months to get a MCS was because I first wanted to get EB, then changed my mind to DS, and then to Black....
However, once Black was decided on it took 5 months to find the "perfect" one for me.The wheels were also an area for confusion as I flipped back and forth from white to silver about 4 times...!

One week in with Sphinx and I am convinced it was the right decision (eventually)...

·
MINI Fan (atic)
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rakey,

Yours SO reminds me of mine. You got some nice "scenery" shots, whereas my pics are a little thin on the ground (having only had it for a week).

The spots pic you promised is anticipated... I am toying with the idea, and think that if I see enough that will spur me on to going to get them. How much did they set you back, and were they installed by MINI?

Why is your baby leaving you in Jan..?

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
All black MCS here.......had it since May 2003, and have now done 25k miles.

Since buying, I've added:

Two-tone silver UJ roof flag.
Silver bonnet stripes.
Chrome Mirror caps.
MINI spotlights.
Interior Chrome pack.

And finally, a Nurburgring sticker........:cool:

Car has not missed a beat since new, despite the fact that I've recently started commuting to Brum three times a week (that's 450 miles a week, unless I steal the wife's EB/EB Vauxhall Meriva!).

Most the the MCS's I see are either a variation od EB or DS.

Robert

·
Feel the G's
122 Posts
Count me in, I'm a double member as I'm on my second all Black Mini, had the Met Black Cooper, now on a Solid Black S.
Totally agree on the aero grille point, and being thre perfectionist I am, I even colour coded it myself to make it the perfect match!
First pic is the old Mini, the others are of the new toy!

Scottybhoy

Attachments

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Kodak said:
Rakey,

Yours SO reminds me of mine. You got some nice "scenery" shots, whereas my pics are a little thin on the ground (having only had it for a week).

The spots pic you promised is anticipated... I am toying with the idea, and think that if I see enough that will spur me on to going to get them. How much did they set you back, and were they installed by MINI?

Why is your baby leaving you in Jan..?
got the Hella Spots off e-bay, some on there now for £115, much better than the BMW ones as they don't rust like the dealer fit ones;) Also you don't need to have it programmed by the dealer for them you just splice in to full beam, easy to fit:D

only got night shots of the spots so far, but will try and clean her soon and take some more before she leaves:(

Oh she is going as I have just ordered a MCSC in red, sorry guys but coudn't have the same colour twice;) There is a thread in For Sale if anyone wants to give her a good home:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.