MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be good news for anyone awaiting delivery. My MINI was ordered 3/12/2001 and registered by the dealer on 20/12/2001 (i.e. 17 days from order to registration). Milcars of Borehamwood took the order and told me delevery would be in Jan 2002 but there was a 5% chance of pre-Christmas delivery. It turned up earlier than they'd thought. In contrast, my local dealers had told me I'd have to wait until March 2002.

Due to the distance from the dealership and Christmas arrangements, I only collected it yesterday but first impressions are excellent: no creaks or squeaks and such a "planted" feel when battling through today's gales!

Spent over 4 hours driving through England today and the car is as comfortable to travel in over long distances as my Saab 9000.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Glad you have your car and everything is fine, I have the same problem hear 2 dealers within 20 miles one quotes 3-4 months and the other 4-6 weeks????, unfortunately the nearest and most convenient is the 3-4 month delivery date. So the question is what are you going to do about servicing and warranty claims go to the local dealer or drive out of the way to the dealer you brought the car from ????

Happy Driving

Dave

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
DavidB said:
Glad you have your car and everything is fine, I have the same problem hear 2 dealers within 20 miles one quotes 3-4 months and the other 4-6 weeks????, unfortunately the nearest and most convenient is the 3-4 month delivery date. So the question is what are you going to do about servicing and warranty claims go to the local dealer or drive out of the way to the dealer you brought the car from ????
I'd love to pay to have those troubles. :( For me, nearest dealer is about 500 miles from here, and the dealer I'm buying my Cooper S from is about 1,000 miles away. And I'm still looking at about 6 months before I get my hands on my MINI. :mad:

You guys in UK just don't realize how good you have it -- ummmm.....I mean other than paying 4 times more for petrol than it is worth. BTW, it's dropped recently here - selling for $0.96 a US gallon (£0.18 a litre) right now. :)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
BruceK said:

I'd love to pay to have those troubles. :( For me, nearest dealer is about 500 miles from here, and the dealer I'm buying my Cooper S from is about 1,000 miles away. And I'm still looking at about 6 months before I get my hands on my MINI. :mad:

You guys in UK just don't realize how good you have it -- ummmm.....I mean other than paying 4 times more for petrol than it is worth. BTW, it's dropped recently here - selling for $0.96 a US gallon (£0.18 a litre) right now. :)
Well Bruce, your in the right part of the US for cheap fuel! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mind you if you aren't too picky about spec just go to your local dealer and drive one away today. A mate has done this recently.

I'm still waiting to hear about the Alpina.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Servicing/warranty work

DavidB said:
So the question is what are you going to do about servicing and warranty claims go to the local dealer or drive out of the way to the dealer you brought the car from ????
There's a choice of 3 dealers within reasonable distance and the TLC vouchers can be used at any of them. The dealer I bought from said that all dealers will be glad of the servicing/warranty work as it keeps their workshops busy at BMW's expense.

If I have problems locally, I can always take a quick run down to London - any excuse to spend more time driving the MINI!!

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Mine is delayed by 2 weeks!

I have just been informed by my dealer that my car will be delayed for 2 weeks to 30 Jan!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

LMB, how about you??? Or anyone else in the same boat???

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: Mine is delayed by 2 weeks!

dcfkan said:
I have just been informed by my dealer that my car will be delayed for 2 weeks to 30 Jan!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good. Maybe you will get one thats fault free.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts

dcfkan said:

No not heard anything about that DK:confused:

If that is the case they better bloody let me add the MFSW as I requested:eek:

LMB:rolleyes:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

dcfkan said:
Sorry to hear about the delay...did they give you a reason??

Who's the dealer?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Order my 'One Dec 10th 5pm picked it up lunch time Dec 13th... is that a record?

Spoke to 5 local dealers and the choice was impressive.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Obviously not built to order then! I wonder if these are cancelled orders or have Mini started building cars for stock? Sales of the One are less than predicted (only 25%) - is this a factor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spare a thought. I order my Cooper on 23rd November. I am assured that it will be delivered on 1st April. I hope this isn't an april fools joke!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
LeamMINI said:
Spare a thought. I order my Cooper on 23rd November. I am assured that it will be delivered on 1st April. I hope this isn't an april fools joke!:rolleyes:
Thats amazing.....Oz get their deliveries in March 02 (After Melbourne Grand Prix), and they were only released here for "order" in early November 01.

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Ricardo,

I was not given a reason for the delay. The car should now be a Week 4 build, and should be delivered to my dealer's on 05 Feb.

Given that I shall have the roof and wing mirrors re-sprayed by a local bodywork shop, and extra time required for cherish transfer of my registration number, I have decided to take delivery of the car after my week's holiday in France starting 09 Feb.

I am naturally disappointed as I had hoped to take the car over to France with me. My dealer would have tried her best to push it for delivery on 08 Feb, but I need to finalise my travel plans now (what if it is further delayed???!!!)

Thanks to Emma of Carrs MINI at Bury St. Edmunds for her help and efforts so far.

Nevermind, I shall have my car eventually - better late than never. ;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
dcfkan said:
I am naturally disappointed as I had hoped to take the car over to France with me.
DK,

I was told it is bad to do long journeys in your car when you are running it in. Apparently it is better to do lots of small journeys. So maybe in the long run it is for the better:)

LMB:D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dcfkan said:

Given that I shall have the roof and wing mirrors re-sprayed by a local bodywork shop, and extra time required for cherish transfer of my registration number, I have decided to take delivery of the car after my week's holiday in France starting 09 Feb.....

....Nevermind, I shall have my car eventually - better late than never. ;)
It'll be worth the wait. Do you think the French will let you in with that colour scheme? :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts