MINI Cooper Forum banner

(UK only) road tax advice???

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mike1967 
#1 ·
I found out I qualify for 50% off road tax as I get the standard rate of disability benefit but the car needs to be in my name. The only problem is with the new tax system as soon as the owner of the car changes the tax is voided. This is all well and good for any other car buyer because they can just tax the car online immediately but the DVLA hasn't updated their system for disabled drivers so I still have to send off paperwork which can take up to 6 weeks.

Am I supposed to drive without tax for six weeks or does anyone know another way or doing this?

.gov website is no help. When you want to pay something they help you in every detail but to claim money back very vague, and can't find anything online :serious:

Does anyone know of a solution??

Thanks!

#2 ·
take all the paperwork to your local post office and they can do it all there,, just take logbook and insurance paperwork i have a family member who is same and change cars a fair bit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.