MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UK Press Launch of the 'S' will be in Aberdeen, Scotland. The hotel for the press has been booked and a preliminary route for the cars driven by the press has been discussed.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Any chance of more details :confused: :confused: :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have dates yet, but I can guess it will be in May. When I have more details I'll let you know.

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
OK, now the cats out of the bag, it will be in Scotland, it will be in May, and I will be there, and I can't wait....

:)
Do you need someone to hold your camera paul?? :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'll do more then that. I will carry your bags. :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Jango Fett said:
The UK Press Launch of the 'S' will be in Aberdeen, Scotland. The hotel for the press has been booked and a preliminary route for the cars driven by the press has been discussed.

I may get to meet you guys after all.
This would explain why there is someone from MINI uk running arround here in the works Cooper this week.
Maybe MINI UK read the Meetings & Events and realised that none of you lot would travel up here to meet Zoooooom,
Then felt sorry for me and hey presto the Cooper'S' launch is here.

So how many for Hotel Zoooooom??????hahaha
Best roads in the UK,Also the most speed camera's.:mad:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
OK, now the cats out of the bag, it will be in Scotland, it will be in May, and I will be there, and I can't wait....

:)
May? The press (and of course MINI2) got to preview the standard MINI Cooper 6 to 8 weeks before it was launched in early July. Why wouldn't MINI arrange the press preview for the Cooper S similarly earlier than the launch? Hmmmmm......

·
Registered
668 Posts
The UK launch date is being announced at the dealers' convention in South Africa in "late January".

The dealers are getting their two showroom/demonstrator cars by the end of May. An early June launch, after an early May press launch?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I'll just sit here and cry quietly.......sob sob

:(

Oh, and zoooooom, have you ever been into Snowdonia, North Wales ?..... I've never been to Bonnie Scotland so can't comment on those roads, but if they're better than the welsh ones I'll, I'll, I'll eat my,.....ummmm........ I'll be over!

:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
[QUOTE
We get our demo S's in APRIL.!!!!
[/QUOTE]

And the Americans reckon thy're getting theirs even earlier. I'd be prepared to lay odds that the S will appear here in the UK at least early as anywhere else. When you take into account shipping time, the production figures from the factory don't look high enough to supply the US and OZ with large enough numbers of cars before June.

·
Registered
98 Posts
From everything I have heard, we will get the S in June also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
C'mon then Zoom - bet you've already been in to see Matt and get the inside line from John Clark on this one - whats the score, where do us lowly Aberdeen Cooper boys need to go to see this machine and the assembled mini2 groupies, I take its going to be a hotel bash - are we talking Ardoe House/Marcliffe/Treetops ?????

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
gonnandgotone said:
C'mon then Zoom - bet you've already been in to see Matt and get the inside line from John Clark on this one - whats the score, where do us lowly Aberdeen Cooper boys need to go to see this machine and the assembled mini2 groupies, I take its going to be a hotel bash - are we talking Ardoe House/Marcliffe/Treetops ?????
Will know more Monday;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts