MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow will be 1 month since I expressed my intent to reject my car to my dealer (September registered, Pulls left and lots of minor niggles). It will also be a week to the day that the BMW Regional Manager said he'd get back to me in "a couple of days". They have been most unhelpful and uncommunicative so far, should this be ultimatum day?

Help, don't help, tell me either way or I am going to Watchdog and all the motoring press (aren't mail merges cool :) ), stop wasting my time.

Opinions please.

P.s. I already have my order down on a replacement MINI (at a different dealer), so that makes it quite obvious I am NOT after a 'free ride' I just want a fault free car, a dealer I can work with and to lose as little cash on this as I can. I don't think that is unfair to expect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
yes

With the goal of applying pressure on BMW to either 1) Fix the car, or 2) Tell you when it will be fixed, and then follow thru on their word -- I vote for you to reject the car.

And believe me, I appreciate the sacrifice (in time and hassle) you are making for the community of MINI owners and future MINI owners (like myself, hopefully).
 

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
Joined
·
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already tried rejection... they cannot/ will not promise a timescale for the fix (or even a fix at all) I do 2000 mile per month (+/-) and couldn't risk waiting for their empty offers. That is why I have placed an order for a new MINI (the new ones are apparently much better). I will lose the money if I have too, but would rather BMW show some faith (and make up the cash for the loss I stand to make) as I have by placing my 2nd order.
 

·
...where´s the any-key?
Joined
·
23,182 Posts
A Fix is due March/April so I been told

If I were you I would let them fix it then sell it, that way at least you won't loose much money.

LMB:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
Give the finance company some stick?

cmt, I'm sure from your earlier posts that you bought your car on a finance deal. If it's a CCA regulated agreement (not a car loan) why not go after the credit company for breach of contract?

You can find details of the protection at the OFT site.

You shouldn't end up out of pocket on the deal - in fact, if your case is sound, the credit company will have to refund everything you've paid to them.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Put your foot down, get it rejected and ask for a courtesy car whilst you are waiting for the replacement, Make sure they dont give you something crap like a clio or a corsa though!

Good luck cmt!
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top