MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if these headlights project the light from the headlamp bulbs better? As they are 'projector' lights, all the other projector lights I've seen on friend's cars look like the distance and width of the beam is very good and far superior to mine. Also, do the halo sidelights that are built in need to connection from the existing sidelights? so you can't use both?

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I've seen them on lots of Halogen-bulb cars...and they do appear to project more light

·
ECMC Addict
801 Posts
Whitey, I've a set of these on the wifes car , the light throw is much better than standard halogen lights imo, The halo sidelights do need wiring in to the sidelights and you will then have both sets working (so 4 sidelights :D), I also had the indicators wired up and that looks great :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mine project the light well. to either side of the road - there's an annoying black shadow in the middle of the road where the light isn't projected.

The styling of these lights is great, but the build quality leaves a little to be desired.
  • There is only up/down adjustment of the dipped beam, no side to side adjustment, though there is for the full beam. Hence the wide patch in the middle of the road where the light doesn't shine - not terribly safe.
  • the halo's are dim and a very off white colour. No where near a match for the halo side lights, and unlike the halo side lights the bulbs aren't replaceable and instead are hard wired.
  • when screwed in place there is an obvious cosmetic gap at the bottom where the shape isn't quite right.
  • mine have a sticker on the back stating not to be used with HID
I've been torn whether to keep them or take them off. It's a tough choice between style and safety. They're just safe enough for style to win.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do strongly advice to get projector with your HID's , because there is a chance you might get pulled over for not having projector headlights with your HID's, because of the glare that HID kits cause with stock headlights.
If you do buy an HID Kit first, and later on you want to upgrade to projector headlights you will have to get a second kit to match the projectors because the bulb size changes, and you would end up spending more money in the end.

laser light show projector

1 - 7 of 7 Posts