MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p I am awaiting delivery of a pretty high speced silver Cooper in approx three weeks. The only problem is I have omitted to tell my wife of our imminent arrival. Any ideas?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
:eek: She doesn't know? You are a very brave man indeed.

My advice is to go at it emotionally, not logically, because that's what her reaction will likely be. I mean, how would you feel if she did it to you? (not a MINI, but buying new furniture or something?) You'd better romance her off of her feet - buy her flowers, take her out to dinner, whatever. Then, once the time is right, you gently break the news explaining how important buying the MINI is to you. Good luck! ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
A friend of mine is a solicitor, I'm sure he'll be willing to give you some advice, re: your forthcoming imminent divorce proceedings

·
Registered
266 Posts
How about giving her the impression that it is something far more serious - you have been having an affair, have 3 months to live etc. That way when you tell her about the MINI she will be so relieved that she won't have time to get angry.
Either that or begging pathetically - it usually works for me :)

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Tell her that you love her loads and explain the amount you do in size.

Then tell her it mirrors you my dear its cheeky,fun, beautiful to look at,reliable,dependant,etc

Then hey presto A MINI APPEARS with a bunch of flowers on the passenger seat.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tell her you have a new car :eek:

End of story :p

Are you a man or a mouse :D :D :D

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only reson your wife will be upset is 'cos you thought of it first.
I'll guarantee she wil be the first one ponsing round to her mates house in it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
show her a MINI say do you fancy one?

chances are she will say yes.

few days later say you had a nightmare time getting it but here it is tada!!!

she will think you are smashing. Just dont show her this BBS!

·
Registered
164 Posts
After having a test drive in a Cooper I explained to my girlfriend that I was going to buy a MINI Cooper next year. she immediatley had a fit about how expensive, small and unpractical it would be. However since going to the showroom where she instantly fell in love with it she now wastes no time telling all our friends and family members WE are getting a new MINI, and she hasn't even driven one yet! :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:( latest update.

I have tried to introduce the "New Mini" into a conversation over dinner tonoght by asking "Have you seen one of those new BMW minis yet?" her reply was "Yes I don't like them!" "oh" I said

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Tell her that she treats herself with new clothes every week or so & it's only fair that you treat yourself once in a while:) :) :)

(that should go down well!!!!!!):D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
She doesn't like the MINI?

She's no good for you.

It'll never work out.

You can do better.

It's just not meant to be.

Plenty more fish in the sea.

etc etc

Get rid of her.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
You saw, you liked, you conquered!!

Anyhow, as soon as she sees the little beauty, it will be love at first sight.

The only consequence I can see, it that she will want one as well.

Have Fun Mate:p

LMB:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:mad:
Re "Unannounced arrival "

The problem I have is that I am a real Mini nut. I have owned 5 before getting married and haven't even driven a new BMW one. I ordered it just because it looked so
damned sexy and haunted me for weeks after stumbling across 100 of them parked up in a Manchester multi storey car park prior to the launch date. I never even thought about what my wife would say! What really pisses me off (is that allowed?) is the fact that it has gone into production without the 17" rims I dream of (all because of a pushy dealership!!!).

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Tell her you're having an affair with her (sister, neighbor, brother..whatever will upset her the most). After the crying / hitting / shooting begins, tell her it's a joke...all you did was buy a MINI.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you must be out of your tree!!

Do What I did.

I bought a MINI Cooper for my wife (it's in her name, but I drive it all the time). Then tell her that when the Cooper S comes out you will buy one of those for yourself.

It worked for me! But, then again, I did it up front.

The thing you need most here is a lot of luck (if your not religious now is a good time to take it up).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts