MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that the Cooper S is finally reveiled to US audience, when is someone (http://www.minimania.com ??) going to offer a tuned ECU + underdrive pulley kit for the Cooper S? combination of both should be good enough to bump this baby up to 200+ hp. Throw on some slicks and you can take it drag racing!!! :D

all comments welcome,
Tony

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd like to know too!

Good question. A different size pulley on the blower certainly would make a difference. I wonder how much boost the stock 'S' rods and pistons are good for?

·
Registered
261 Posts
If, and only IF, it is for real, I am all over it! Drag racing, no thanks! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
299 Posts
hey amigos Im planning to cll Superchips here in Florida and ask them,they're only 1hr and half from jax:cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
packaging underhood

Anyone notice how tightly packaged everything is underhood on the "S"? The casting for the aluminum duct that goes from the blower to the intercooler seems awfully restrictive. Looking at one during the Detroit Auto Show....looked like you needed to pull the motor just to change the pulley...or timing belt...or anything else.. Maybe a bigger bulge/scoop in the hood will give room for better breathing? :) Can you say "Mini Mania please make us a Carbon Fiber hood with a large scoop in it"? I'll even style it since that's what I do for a living anyway..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts