MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Has anybody used an underseat sub in their mini? Any recommendations? Not looking for earth shattering bass but a nice amount.
I am currently looking at these as possibilities:
. Kenwood KSC-SW11(possibly 2 of them)
. Pioneer TS-WH500A
or a Pioneer TSWX70DA will fit in the boot!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but not much. And depending on your seat position/hight you have around 35cm length, 25cm width and 7 1/2cm depth to play with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did this a while ago but I will try my best to remember/explain.
The biggest problem was routing the power cable from the engine bay to the boot. There maybe a better way to do this but what I had to do was:
1. There is a rubber grommet on the drivers side of the engine bay that you can pass the power cable through into the interior of the car. Unfortunately mine is located within the plastic vent directly below the windscreen so I had to remove the windscreen wiper that passes through this plastic vent(to do this, open the flap that covers the nut of the wiper and remove the nut, hinge the wiper arm away from the window then pull/wiggle the wiper arm until it comes off.
2. Unclip the top of the vent cover all the way along. Once done you can route the power cable from the battery all the way to the grommet entry.
3. Remove the grommet to gain access to the car interior.
4. Run the power cable under the internal side plastic trim. Once you reach the back seat just grab the bottom of the seat and pull up and it should release. now you can finish running the cable to the boot.
5. For the ground wire there was a grounding stud in the boot.
6. For the remote wire I tapped into the boots cigarette lighter power cable as this turns off when the ignition is off.
The Pioneer TSWX70DA is a great fit for the boot. I just velco'ed it down.

I hope this helps you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts