MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

This isnt going to set anyones world on fire.

Im thinking of JCW'ing our S when it comes.
Ive always liked my cars to be as stealthed as poss (grew up in Manchester ;) ) thus I was debating leaving off the "works" badges.

If I ever wanted to stick them on are they actually, quite literally, "sticky" or are they more securely mounted.

Cheers

d

·
Registered
101 Posts
I shall have a look later, the ones on the side are bolted on, not sure about the one on the boot or front grille, i would guess they are stuck on and would leave a horrible mess if u removed them, not to mention a outline of where the badge had been due to the paint being unfaded underneath the badge

·
Poco Loco
137 Posts
Stealth JCW is becoming quite popular. The tailpipes are still a giveaway.
The front badge has two attached prongs and bolts onto the lower front grille. The rear badge has sticky stuff. I know of a few who have cut the prongs off the front badge and used epoxy to attach it in another location.

·
Sitting on a park bench..
1,183 Posts
I too left off my Works badges....but as was mentioned, the tailpipes are dead giveaways to the 'cognoscenti'

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
just noticed your avatar Aqualaung, nice one... maybe you should change from 'mini senior' to 'too old to rock n roll, too young too die' :D

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Why not just take off the JCW tips, to give you that all encompassing stealth look if you want, I'm sure you could find a suitable tip to replace it with ;) :p

·
///M Power
5,066 Posts
As a purely hypothetical question… would it also be possible to use the standard tail pipe cover instead of the JCW ones… just to complete the stealth look :)

As far as I know they are just finishing caps on both systems, so it would just be a question of what diameter the exhaust pipes were and how they are fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts