MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, On the Outmotoring site thier ramp 7 ecu is programmed to work with cai/exhaust/header/pulley.. Do you think it would be safe/ok if I had a bored out throttle body as well? OR, do I need a custom programmed ecu?
thanks
-tyler

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
MiniMelaz said:
Hey guys, On the Outmotoring site thier ramp 7 ecu is programmed to work with cai/exhaust/header/pulley.. Do you think it would be safe/ok if I had a bored out throttle body as well? OR, do I need a custom programmed ecu?
thanks
-tyler
The UNIchip has a map for larger TBs but it's in combo with other mods, as it should be.
There is a map already done for what you're describing.
Like MINIAC said, contact Randy Webb.

·
Don MINIo
1,478 Posts
Or if you really want to dial it in, you could bring it to a dyno at a UNIChip facility near you. That might cost a couple hundred bucks, but if you are done mod'ing, I certainly would. If you have more in store, I'm sure you are just fine now though, and can wait for such refinement...

obe, given some dialog I saw over on Randy's site, I'm thinking that things are evolving for those of us who have issues? I've been too dang busy to pursue it. If you ever have anything noteworthy to share on that front, please, if you have time, revive that thread here. Thanks! I hope you are being taken care of...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
TonyB
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing