MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if a black and white or black and silver union jack can be done a white roof?

I am sure i have seen it before but can't remember where............

·
Registered
145 Posts
yes it can, it can go on any roof. the bit of flag thats normally white in standard uj is made up of roof colour. Red and blue being replaced by the twin silvers. somewhere i am sure some said they had done it in a thread

·
Owner & Motoring Advisor
158 Posts
Check with mossmini.com or minimania.com or several other 3rd party vendors. I've seen it on a car, so it exists.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
For general info for others, I have already responded to a private message from Davislove3rd as follows:

I got the silver union jack fitted on a white roof by the dealer but it is not the BMW official part. It was done by their local graphics people who they use to fit all official and non official decals for them.

However I am happy with the results. They appear to have matched the colours to the BMW version well except they have reversed the light silver and dark silver so it is more defined (i.e. the big george cross bit is dark silver). This switch is better as in sunlight the light silver is quite pale against the white.

I'm afraid I don't have pictures yet as I don't have easy access to a digital camera or scanner but I will upload some as soon as I can get some.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just out of interest is your dealer maintaining your paint warranty. I would like to do something individual like you, but my dealer said i wouldn't maintain it

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
bigshunt said:
Just out of interest is your dealer maintaining your paint warranty. I would like to do something individual like you, but my dealer said i wouldn't maintain it
Well I ordered the standard BMW two tone UJ to be fitted from new on the car i.e. standard option - only difference was I made them guarantee they could do it on the white roof. If they won't cover the paint I'd have a good argument as they chose to not fit the standard one and who to do it. Fortunately I liked what they did. I cannot see them complaining as I'm sure they got a good deal!

Is this a common problem that others have had?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Davislove3rd said:
Does anybody know if a black and white or black and silver union jack can be done a white roof?

I am sure i have seen it before but can't remember where............

i am certain that most graphics can be done on the roof. The only limit is the imagination..
something different will sure turn heads i recently saw one roof plastered in graphics resembling a jigsaw
:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Thanks Gr8Dain and bigshunt.

i must admit I dithered for ages before asking for it to be put on the car ready for when I first picked it up. Mainly because I had never seen it before and I thought th pale silver might not show up. But I was well pleased when I finally got it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.