MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gy51hnn

does anyone know who owns this cooper?
I saw a picci on the meet page and love the stripes and roof, its diff to the one i have ordered as it goes right to the edge, can you tell me where u got it from and how much it costs?
Ta

·
Registered
88 Posts
union jack

i have a mini the same aprt from the strips didnt want to ruin the body werk
i do have full union jack edge to edge
i had it done by a graphicss firm only cost £90 and they had it done in 3hours very very nice
will try to post picks tomo
werd upla mini pips

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have their website or any details on them?
I have the mini spares one but yours looks different

·
Registered
88 Posts
DIY union jack

The firm who put my union jack on my car do diy union jacks that they will post out to you with instructions
and there you go full roof union jack.
Its very easy to put on it will take someone who has never done it before 2 hours to put it on.
here are pics of my car with union jack on yum yum.

Im asking the firm if its ok to put there phone number and email address on today so stay tuned

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
does anyone else

hi can you people tell me how many of you want a full edge to edge union jack on your lid ? please let me know so i can see they guy if he will do a deal on £ so you all get it cheeper :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The "Army Surplus" Look...

BrianMini said:
Anyone got the german flag! ;)
That would look cool on a (matt) sage green car

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Coolest of all...

I'm hoping someone out there makes a Welsh flag & puts it on Chilli Red car. I would like to see that

·
Registered
632 Posts
one is incorrect . . .

ELISEBOY said:
do you have their website or any details on them?
I have the mini spares one but yours looks different
Sorry to have to say this but the Minispares flag looks to me to be the biz whereas the other one shown here does not accurately depict the Union Jack.

Note that the real thing is not a symmetrical design - the other one unfortunately appears to be.

Again, I`m sorry to have to point this out!

·
Registered
632 Posts
clarification . . .

Now that I`ve looked at Monsta`s link - the flag depicted there also appears to be incorrect.

I don`t know if that is a Minispares design or not.

All I will say is that the Union Jack shown on ELISEBOY`s pic at the top of this thread looks to me to be correct.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: does anyone else

madcaser said:
hi can you people tell me how many of you want a full edge to edge union jack on your lid ? please let me know so i can see they guy if he will do a deal on £ so you all get it cheeper :)
I do!!!!!!!!

do you have their contact details ??

I know that the roofs are not technically correct but who cares when they look this great?
and i do think it looks so much better when it goes to the edge

·
Registered
632 Posts
anyone know . . .

ELISEBOY said:
. . . I know that the roofs are not technically correct but who cares when they look this great?
and i do think it looks so much better when it goes to the edge
Which roofs are not technically correct?

That`s the whole point and if you`re a Brit you should care IMO - the pic that you posted does go to the edge, looks great and does appear to be technically correct, sorry but the others here do not.

You wanted to know who supplies that design.

I can`t tell you the answer to that but I`m trying to be helpful here - there is only one Union Jack.

If the price is okay, why accept anything else?

Who knows the supplier of the roof flag depicted at the head of this thread?

:rolleyes: :confused: That`s it - no more posts for me for quite a while . . . honest !

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: anyone know . . .

Jakx said:
Which roofs are not technically correct?

That`s the whole point and if you`re a Brit you should care IMO - the pic that you posted does go to the edge, looks great and does appear to be technically correct, sorry but the others here do not.
Isn't there a problem with a "technically correct" Union Jack as it only is correct when viewed from one side of the car?

From the other side it is upside down and therefore "technically" :) a distress signal?

If a stylized UJ design is used, the "idea" of the flag comes across but since it is wrong to begin with, it's wrong from both sides of the car. So, two wrongs make it right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
88 Posts
come on people

Who cares if its wright or wrong ?
The flag on ELISEBOYs link cost £275 by a graphics firm in surrey big bucks
and my flag cost £90 and looks the same its not symetrical looks the same but big price difference .
its all down to you when you put it on you move the red stripes where you want them symetrical or not you decide :)
But i tell you what £275 or £90
or £60 to do it your self well i will tell you which one i would go for i would do it myself
and anyway who as ever seen a mini wavin about in the wind at the top of a flag pole ?

it just looks cool with it on the car
you can have what ever you want on the firm that sells the diy flag will do any design you want

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
After a bit of chin-stroking I think I like the official MINI Union Jack better... Mainly 'cos the blue is darker, but also I actually like the white border effect. Just my preference

Might even get one - Dealer says AUD400 (=UKP150)

Unless of course I can get someone to make me a Dragon

1 - 20 of 44 Posts