MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone spent hours decluttering and repainting their garage because they thought it was too scruffy for their mini? Not that I know anyone like that.... :rolleyes:

Just asking.....[shuffles off] :eek:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nope but I am reluctant to close the garage door as I can't admire the looks anymore :)

·
Becky
100 Posts
LOL Welllllll I painted the mini badge and the ducati logo on the floor of our garage but it looked naff against the concrete floor so ive painted over it with floor paint but the plan is to paint the walls white and paint the logos on the walls to give the place a bit of sparkle!. Yes i know, im a sad git.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well........now one of the garages is alllll mine!
My mum's audi and my Dad's subaru is in the drive while my mini is nice and sheltered in the garage! Next move is to get my Dads Morgan out of the other one thus creating room for the tabletennis table..............after that, who knows, maybe world domination is on the cards......
But getting back on topic, I have to keep the garage clean, it gets rather cluttered at times, I am thinking of getting a nice big neon mini sign off ebay for the garage......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14048&item=2260142807&rd=1

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know... :eek: Painted everything white, took me the best part of the last two Saturdays and I still have the floor to paint. Mind you it looks a lot better now, especially with the badge, grill and fluffy dice from my old City E on the wall..... :D

[Now, have I got any cool stuff from my Clubman lying around?] :rolleyes:

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been out today.......buying some floor paint for the garage.. :eek: :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me how to stop this???

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is not!
Although it is the closest shade that I could get....

[walks off in search of geekland]

·
That's a Gamble
110 Posts
Funny you should say that

The time is coming, I'm also trying to get about three trees chopped down near my space at work :confused:

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
floor paint can be tricky. Painted mine years ago because of a lot of oil spillage from my Austins.

The one I used was left over from work (waste not, want not) and was a two part paint - the paint and a hardner. The worst part, and the MOST important is getting the floor spotless first! Treat any oil patches with oil patch remover and I would suggest a good blast with a power washer.

Neither of these were really available back when I first did mine so the paint has lifted in the heavily soiled areas.

I am planning to re-do the floor and paint the walls white. I will be blasting off any loose paint with the power washer and going from there.

One word of warning though is dont park the MINI back in the garage the night of the painting - try and give it a good 48 hours to harden.

I did have a good clear out (again!) yesterday and finally got round to mounting some carpet on the wall where the door fouls to stop the paint getting more damaged. Seems to work well - just need to get it touched up and back to new now :eek:

Hope that helps.

Paul

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
minisoopercooper wrote
[/QUOTE]I did have a good clear out (again!) yesterday and finally got round to mounting some carpet on the wall where the door fouls to stop the paint getting more damaged. Seems to work well - just need to get it touched up and back to new now.
Thats on my list, carpet on the wall. Thanks for the reminder and advice.

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The minigeekness keeps coming. Home tonight from late shift, just before midnight. Noticed a little smearing on the inside of the windows.....had to clean it off before settling down for the night. :rolleyes:
Then I did the outside as well..... :eek:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
17 Participants
tagheuer
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing