MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Hi all,

See Post 1 for the latest results from the Mak Alloy Wheels Motorkhana Series.

Round 4 was a hard fought round. Congrats to Craig who took out the win (by a looong way!) I came in a distant 2nd (11 seconds behind Craig), and only 2/10ths ahead of Graham in a VW Beetle.

Nathan Koch was first home for the classic Minis, back in 6th outright. To his credit, he beat me in outright time, however the class A records are a good 8 seconds quicker than the rest of the classes so he had a harder time on DPI.

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi Craig,

Congratulations ;) Coming second behind an amazingly gifted driver is no disgrace ;) Glad to see you beat the dakdak ;)

Good to hear of some minis out and competing ;)

Cheers

Robbo

Hi all,

See Post 1 for the latest results from the Mak Alloy Wheels Motorkhana Series.

Round 4 was a hard fought round. Congrats to Craig who took out the win (by a looong way!) I came in a distant 2nd (11 seconds behind Craig), and only 2/10ths ahead of Graham in a VW Beetle.

Nathan Kach was first home for the classic Minis, back in 6th outright. To his credit, he beat me in outright time, however the class A records are a good 8 seconds quicker than the rest of the classes so he had a harder time on DPI.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've been pretty slack to date. A quick update of the motorsport events left for the rest of the year. Hope to see you out there!

Dave.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi all,

Has been a bit quiet on the SA front, but there are still some of us out there having some fun! In fact on Sun there were three of up giving a Leyland Mini S a flogging in the SA Khanacross Championships.

The track got chopped up and some of the bumps were launching the cars. At night you often couldn't see the bumps, so you normally steered and prayed. Here's a pic of me getting launched off one of these ruts.

D20_3988 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi all,

Has been a bit quiet on the SA front, but there are still some of us out there having some fun! In fact on Sun there were three of up giving a Leyland Mini S a flogging in the SA Khanacross Championships.

The track got chopped up and some of the bumps were launching the cars. At night you often couldn't see the bumps, so you normally steered and prayed. Here's a pic of me getting launched off one of these ruts.

D20_3988 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Hi Dave,

Love the pink paintjob :D

Hows your gearbox conversion coming along ;)

Cheers

Robbo

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
G'day Robbo,

The car is in the paintwork of the supplier of the car (Blair Athol Auto Parts). And so is the trailer (thanks to someone making a bet with the trailer's owner!).

The conversion is pausing gracefully! The gearbox is sitting at a wharf in Japan, and should be on a boat shortly. I've started compiling a list of part numbers but it's going to be a bit of guess work on things like the gearstick and selector cables since they changed the gearstick carriers post-March 2004.

Not only that, but it will come down to finding a dealership that's willing to sell me the parts as it will be a pretty customised order. Typically if you're not a BMW approved repairer they get edgey if you're buying stuff other than oil filters and genuine accessories.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
UPCOMING EVENTS:
-------------------

SOCIAL
11 Jun 11 - Hay Nationals - Parade & Show n Shine
12 Jun 11 - Hay Nationals - Motorkhana
13 Nov 11 - Minis at the Mill - Birdwood

MOTORKHANA
22 May 11 - Monarto