MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 532 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be good to have a separate post on track / motorsport events in Victoria as there are several BMWCCV, VMCI, and other events coming up.

Chris :) :) :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BMWCCV Winton Sprints October 9/10 2004

The BMWCCV will be conducting sprints are Winton the weekend of October 9 and 10.

The event has been driver training / practice on day one, and race day on Sunday.

Will keep posted about status.

Chris
 

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
Great work Chris .... there are a few Minis in competition around here, I'd love to start too...

Todd
 

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
Victorian Mini owners

I was just reading my email and there is an event on at Philip Island on the first friday of October...
"Boys Day Out" with the BMWCCV for $200 you get as many laps as your brakes and tyres can handle and a BBQ lunch... Not bad... anyone interested PM me for more info...
I cant make it cause I'm heading to NSW the day before... otherwise - you coulda twisted my arm!!

Todd
 

·
my second passion, a tin!
Joined
·
729 Posts
XMINIX said:
The BMWCCV will be conducting sprints are Winton the weekend of October 9 and 10.

The event has been driver training / practice on day one, and race day on Sunday.

Will keep posted about status.

Chris
I'm pretty keen to come down for the Winton weekend, will see if I can get Boo and Robbo interested as well, make it a big Mini show :D :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
StuJones said:
I'm pretty keen to come down for the Winton weekend, will see if I can get Boo and Robbo interested as well, make it a big Mini show :D :D
It would be good to see more MINIs. Last year, there were three MINIs - robbomcs, eltel and me.

Chris :) :) :)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,576 Posts
if it looks like there'll be a few Mini's there I might head up and take some photos, I'm always up for a bit of motorsport photography :)
 

·
Gone Old School
Joined
·
745 Posts
StuJones said:
I'm pretty keen to come down for the Winton weekend, will see if I can get Boo and Robbo interested as well, make it a big Mini show :D :D

DAM DAM DAM... i cant make that weekend driving in a wedding here on the 9th..
I love winton... nearly as much as wakefield
 

·
MINIstry of Fun
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
May not be able to make it after all. :(

We (OZICOZI) have a stand at the Sydney Motor Show which starts Friday the 8th and runs till Sun 17th.

Can't speak for Boo but I think he'll be pretty busy manning the stand during that period. I'm hoping to be up in Sydney for both weekends to help him out.

I love Winton, but also need some new tyres before I throw the JCW around it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Chris,
I will go if I am in town. Never been on this track.

Will need a new set for Green stuff for the front soon. So it will be run in just in time.

Talk to you all more about this on the 12/09.

Cheers
Sherman ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BMWCCV Winton Sprints Oct 9/10

Hi All

The BMWCCV are still having sprints at Winton weekend of October 9/10. Day 1 is practice/driver training and Day 2 is the sprint meet. MX5 and Audi car clubs have been invited. Non member are welcome for the day.

See BMWCCV website for more information. http://bmwccv.bmwclubs.asn.au/calendar2004.shtml#October

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. Any MINIs planned to attend?

Cheers
Chris :) :) :)
 

·
my second passion, a tin!
Joined
·
729 Posts
I was palnning to come down but my car is not quite ready with cage fitting and other stuff so not enough time. Hope to next year though.


Cheers
Stu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Would of loved to have gone but its Bathurst weekend and its a tradition ,shame i really love winton maybe we should get together at the next phillip island sprint?

Scott
 

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
I had the weekend at wakefiled in dads cobra - Im looking at taking the mini back to see how it compares! I'd be keen for a rip around anywhere at the moment!!

The competitive motorsport bug has bitten!!

Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
I am happy to go, as along as I am not the only MINI there. Which looks likely?
Hope I get my Four point belts fitted by then.
I have just fitted a new set of DS pads. Hope they are good. The stopping power is even higher then the EBC Green Stuff.
 

·
my second passion, a tin!
Joined
·
729 Posts
I would love to go to Philip Island........ think I am out of Motor Sport credits for this month:mad:

Do they have these events regularly?

Stu
 

·
my second passion, a tin!
Joined
·
729 Posts
Mt Buller Sprint 22 & 23 Jan 05

My car has barely entered the repair shop after the last event and already planning for the next is under way.

Next target is the Mt Buller Sprint http://www.mtbullersprint.com put on by the boys from Dutton Rally. Its a pretty simple format. Two days, eight stages of 16km up the same mountain with 1km vertical rise. NOt entirely suited to the Mini but should be a whole heap of fun.

From what I know there are two Mini's entered already so yet again representation if there.

For those in Melb looking for a weekend up to Mt Buller there are some good vantage points from the Mt Buller village, so why no have a chardy while watching the madness go by.

Will be providing some updates closer to the date.......... woooohoooo


Cheers, Stu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Would love to do this one as having a place at Buller and been going up there for 20 years I think I know the road quite well!!! I think a mini will do quite well in this event. I did the Mt Buller Road in just over 10 minutes a couple of summers ago. Good luck and have fun!!!! PS... watch out for the first left hander after the 3rd hairpin.... it caught a lot of them out last year.

VPR

StuJones said:
My car has barely entered the repair shop after the last event and already planning for the next is under way.

Next target is the Mt Buller Sprint http://www.mtbullersprint.com put on by the boys from Dutton Rally. Its a pretty simple format. Two days, eight stages of 16km up the same mountain with 1km vertical rise. NOt entirely suited to the Mini but should be a whole heap of fun.

From what I know there are two Mini's entered already so yet again representation if there.

For those in Melb looking for a weekend up to Mt Buller there are some good vantage points from the Mt Buller village, so why no have a chardy while watching the madness go by.

Will be providing some updates closer to the date.......... woooohoooo


Cheers, Stu
 
1 - 20 of 532 Posts
Top