MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the bog standard single CD player and the MFC Steering Wheel.

I'd like some way of integrating my iPhone into the car, either with an iPod adapter or at least bluetooth on the handsfree. Ideally any solution would use the two phone buttons on the steering wheel controls.

Are there any options to do this dealer or otherwise? I am a competent computer/electrical engineer.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Hi
For bluetooth we offer 2 kits
The first NewMINIStuff.com
This gives you a hidden bluetooth kit that plays through the stereo speakers & from your mfsw you can activate voice dial, answer, end calls & adjust the volume.
The problem with the iphone though is it doesnt support voice dial

We have a second kit NewMINIStuff.com
This comes with a small display so you can see who is calling you & also browse your contacts. Also you can record your own voice tags so that you can use the voice dial button on the wheel even with an iphone. Please note this system doesnt use the volume buttons on the mfsw.

If you want music from the iphone, you have an ipod active. this gives audio through your stereo, track control is done from the iphone itself, volume from the mfsw. PLEASE NOTE the 1st gen iphone charges with this system, but the new 3g one doesnt charge.
NewMINIStuff.com

All the above are plug & play & we provide full instructions

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mike.

So I'm assuming there's no way to retrofit the manufacturer's kit? How difficult is the upgrade to fit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts