MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
An-ingin-in-an-ah
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

i created a thread on this in Gen1 MCS part of Mini2 & got a great response from a few of the members (Snowie, OJM, Richard Crofts to name but a few). You come highly recommended!

http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-cooper-s/161778-newbie-few-s-burn.html

I'm on holiday in sunny spain at the moment, which is why i'm not phoning...

I would like to upgrade a few of the components on my car and have set aside some cash to do this. I am trying to get the balance right between performance/looks/sound/handling within a budget...

My current thoughts are that I would like to do the following -

• Upgrade the front and rear brakes with the new 4 pot JCW set up (include spacers if required), i understand there may be a few challenges on this, i do want to increase the stopping power but i also really want red brake callipers (sorry for being so superficial!)
Upgrade to the Miltek cat back exhaust
  • Upgrade to the Alta v.2 15% pulley and belt
Upgrade to high temp Iridium Spark Plugs
  • Upgrade to the GRS Intercooler
Upgrade to the Alta v.2 intake

I would ideally like one tuner to take on all of the work involved in fitting this. I've not had a chance to look at your website (currently just a static page), so i don't know what brands you stock etc other than GTT, so apologies if i'm asking for stuff which you don't deal in. My questions are as follows :

1. Roughly what sort of cost would i be looking at to get that kind of work done by you guys ?
2. Assuming the total cost is slightly more than I would prefer to spend, what would have to give to keep the budget as near to £2000 as possible ? (happy to hear any number of options you have, the 2 things i really want are big powerful brakes - with red callipers! and a twin slash cut exhaust that is not too loud but sounds good when pushed)
3. Would you recommend other brands for costs/quality reasons over and above the stuff i've suggested
4. OJM also mentioned uprated control arm bushes as being something i would want to consider, if i was to add them what would that do to the budget ?

I see you guys are in east mids, so it would be an overnight stay for me, how long would you think it would take to get the work done etc

Sorry for the lengthy e-mail....

if you would prefer to PM response please feel free. I can talk through in more detail when i get back (11th Sept). I realise you will probably have a few questions to ask so please feel free to fire away :)

Many thanks
royster

·
An-ingin-in-an-ah
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave,

one last thing I would like add to the package price... If i were to add the 4 x Team Dynamics 1.2s (17" in gloss black) with Toyo tyres. They would no doubt need max offset etc to accomodate BBK.

many thanks
royster

·
Registered
108 Posts
As someone whose looking to do a few bits to the car - the above list by Royster pretty much covers what i want as well - though over a period of time rather then in one hit!

Woudl it poss to get a PM with the individual prices fitted, or maybe if you were willing possibly pubish them here as others might be curious as well?

First things first though - the brakes have got to go ... what were they thinking when they put them on the MCS!

·
An-ingin-in-an-ah
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OJM I promise i'll get the pics up....if i don't have to pawn my digital camera to pay for it all :)

I have a scrape on my rear bumper, which an inconsiderate person managed to cause and then left without leaving any details.... :(

i'll need to get that done and a full valet, then the pics will be added.... got to be looking top drawer for photoshoot debut ;)

How is your DSB going since you got it back ?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
We are soon going to be adding a wheels section and the pro race 1.2s will be in there.

We also may have some rare rims popping up for grabs!

·
An-ingin-in-an-ah
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you ThinkMini

Thanks guys, i am really impressed with what you have done with my Mini.

The drive home was great fun, the acceleration in pretty much any gear is incredible! I've not fully tested the JCW brakes yet.... will wait until bedded in, but they certainly look the business:cool:

I will definitely be back in 1st half of 2009 to get the Bilstein Coilovers and GTT Manifold :D

The advice, the service and your technical ability all deserve 10/10.

I've attached a link to the pics on the Cooper S section of the site

http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-cooper-s/161778-newbie-few-s-burn-2.html

Royster

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
Spot on again Dave and Adrian ;) Nice to see a pleased customer :D

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
You mean he beats my 7 miles each way to the shop! :eek: :D ..... I'm gutted i'm now out of the running :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts