MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just wiring up my new seats, I had to braide the wires because I didnt have the plugs under the seats. Everything was fine, no lights on the dash board to warn that the air bags were faulty, SO me being stupid, thought I would pull one of the airbag wires apart to see if the light would come on on the dash - which it did. But stupidly I touched the wires back together with the ignition ON. The air bag light is now constantly on, I have checked the fuse for the air bags(down in passenger footwell), and it is fine.

Can some1 help me please because my airbags will not activate in the event of an accident.

Thnaks

·
Registered
362 Posts
It is IMHO the stupidest bit of "safety facism" that I have come across. You, the owner, are not allowed to know if the airbags are working if they have ever misbehaved.

It's a bit like having a speedo that only ever showed the maximum speed, or a fuel guage that only showed the lowest level since the car was built. How about a bulb failed light that didn't go out when you changed the bulb?

It is as though intermittent faults have never occoured, and owners could never repair anything themselves.

The car is a 4 seater, where you can fold down two seats to get in more objects, but you are banned from removing the passenger seat to put more stuff in.

Take it to the dealer, and don't turn on the ignition with the seats disconnected!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts