MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP

I need my MINI back from the place I got it they are useless I cant go on like this...I took it back after the bearing went and the central locking didnt work,.. and the brake warning light was on....which needs to be reset, everything else is ok now - or so they are saying- its had new pads and everything I just want to know how to turn it off myself as im fed up of waiting for them to do it. I just need information to tell them how to turn it off...or I can do it...

There are a number of posts on here about it - but none are clear - and non say what actually to do and if it works?

PLEASE HELP! I need to no how to do it I need my mini back

The light is like this ( O ) and its yellow

My MINI is a mini one 54 reg if that helps this...

I look forward to your replies, if you know the answer to this please describe in as much detail as possible! Thank so much!

Really want my car back :(

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
You need to replace any faulty pad wear sensors first!
One on the front , and one on the rear, depends which was worn down!

Then switch on the car to position II and leave for a few minutes! (Though in some reports you had to put you foot on the brake pedal also - I used to ) but try without if you have good sensors!

·
oooh ... pagers!
7,799 Posts
try not to worry about it, man. the dealer knows what she/he is doing, and will figure out why the car is throwing a code to make the light come on. then they'll figure out what to do to fix it. no reason for you to tell them how to do their job.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not a MINI dealers and they dont no what they are doing at all....

I brought it and the wheel bearing went, the remote centrol locking failed and the brake warning light was on and needed to be reset....its had new pads etc

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dealer is useless - they hadnt fixed the remote central locking when I went to collect it today :( and brake warning light thing is still on

they said if i take it to a MINI dealer and get it done myself they will pay for it - they should of done this before they sold the car ;(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ive got a 56 plate cooper S & have changed the front pads & wires. I cannot re set the warning lamp. Its the later type without a proper key. there are many different symbols which appear but I don,t know how to re set. Any ideas please!!. Geoff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts