MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the US specs it says this is standard: "Anti-theft CD audio system with 6 speakers, auto-store and pre-wired for 6 CD-changer".

My question is: so what is "auto-store"? Is it the ability of the CD player to perform some sort of CD changer-like function and hold more than a single CD internally at one time - but not as many as a real CD changer? Or am I just dreaming up a feature that doesn't exist?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Dont know what it is but I like your idea :)
I know you can buy a head unit with a 6 disc built in CD Changer but it aint cheap:)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you but auto-store just means it will automatically store the radio frequencies you want. This is as far i as know.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silver and Black said:
Sorry to disappoint you but auto-store just means it will automatically store the radio frequencies you want. This is as far i as know.
And this is a feature worth mentioning??? Car radios have been storing desired radio frequencies for 50 years! I've got to think it is something more special than that (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
3 Posts
auto-store

the autostore button will automatically store the six strongest radio frequencies in the area to your six presets, works well when you're in an unfamiliar city. just hold in the fm button and your six preset buttons in FMA will be set.

·
Registered
80 Posts
cmotzart said:
the autostore button will automatically store the six strongest radio frequencies in the area to your six presets, works well when you're in an unfamiliar city. just hold in the fm button and your six preset buttons in FMA will be set.
in other words, it auto scan the different radio stations and then store them in the preset. Not a ground breaking technology, works just like the TV scan for cable channels and then store them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
kplo said:
in other words, it auto scan the different radio stations and then store them in the preset. Not a ground breaking technology, works just like the TV scan for cable channels and then store them.
Pretty much. The one cool thing about it is that for FM it has 3 preset banks. 1 and 2 can be your regular stations and you can program 3 automatically and change it every day if you want without screwing up your regular presets. Or you can also program bank 3 manually if you want, just like 1 and 2.

AM has only 2 banks. 1 manual and one Auto/manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts