MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know BMW runs a program to take delivery of your car in Europe. Includes short term insurance and drop-off at port / trans-atlantic shipping. This is generally a great excuse for a vacation in Europe and an opportunity to see where the heck your car was put toghether.

Does anyone know if there will be a similar program whereby you can take delivery of your new MINI in the UK? How much fun would that be to drive around the country while on vacation in your new car - and get to see the factory? I suppose a LHD would be a challenge there but it wouldn't be terrible. Plus, the rest of Europe is a short Chunnel ride away!

Curious...

Jason

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
This question has come up several times on the MINI2 forums. The answer from MINIUSA is that European Delivery may be available in the future -- but it will be until at least 2003 before a MINI delivery program is set up in the UK similar to the BMW delivery program in Germany.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is preventing a private individual from buy one from a dealer in Europe and having it shipped over to the states?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
BruceK said:
This question has come up several times on the MINI2 forums. The answer from MINIUSA is that European Delivery may be available in the future -- but it will be until at least 2003 before a MINI delivery program is set up in the UK similar to the BMW delivery program in Germany.
Any update on this? Not that it matters much this timeas I am a Week 11 build and hope to Have my MINI in about 6 to 8 weeks or so... but looking ahead to my next one it sure would be fun!

·
Registered
9 Posts
This would be a great option!! I asked my dealer and they didn't think that there was one yet for the Mini, that was about 2 months ago though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It occured to me to do a search on this subject, hence the thread bump.

Has anyone any information on whether BMW NA / MINI USA has any plans to introduce a MINI ED program?

·
Quack Quack Oregon Ducks
237 Posts
There doesn't look like any movement on this issue.

Here's the latest from the MiniUSA website, at http://miniusa.com/#/contactFaq/faq/top-m.

How can I import a Mini to the United States?
Sorry, at this time you cannot import a new Mini into the U.S. There are multiple issues involving specifications for various countries that make this too difficult.

Will there be European delivery of the Mini Cooper or MCS?
W'ere working on it. We know you want Europrean delivery, so we're trying to make it happen, but can't make any promises as to when the program will be in place.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You could always join the Army.

BMW has a military sales program for soldiers stationed in Europe. You can get a US spec MINI at a good discount. My 2005 MC /w sport package was only $16,300. The Army will ship one car back to the states for free at the end of your tour.

However, given the state of things in the world, joining the Army may not be a good decision right now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks all:). I don't think I'll be joining the army anytime soon, I think I am too old and I have flat feet anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts