MINI Cooper Forum banner

US Buyers: Given the availability of Cloth/Leather seats for $500-550, I would order

• Cloth/Leather instead of Leatherette as planned

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Leatherette regardless

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Cloth/Leather instead of Space Cloth as planned

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Space Cloth regardless

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Cloth/Leather instead of Gravity Leather as planned

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Gravity Leather regardless

Votes: 13 19.1%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking at the MINI Australia site the 'S' comes standard with cloth /leather seats in:

Lapis Blue / Black Panther
Black Panther / Black Panther

On the Cooper cloth / leather is a 1020 AUD (~$530) upgrade and full leather is 2410 AUD (~$1250) additional.

What if these choices were available on the 'S' here in the US for a similar price?

I know ksharpiro started a similar poll, but I just wanted some demographics on the effect of this type upholstery not being offered on the 'S' here in the US.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would still go with the cloth seats, even if the cloth/leather option became available. Very comfy IMO.

More color choices would be nice. For instance, you can't order the beige or green leather with the sports seats, limiting your choices for both models.

·
Registered
97 Posts
More color choices would be nice. For instance, you can't order the beige or green leather with the sports seats, limiting your choices for both models.
I couldn't agree more! I would likely go with a cloth/leather vs. the space cloth, but given the color limitations I might still decide space cloth was the better bet.

I'm still trying to decide between BRG, DG and PS for my cooper S. Let's say I take the BRG. The tan leather would sure look nice! Since I can't get that, though, I only have 3 choices and in my opinion only the Space Cloth is light enough to offset the dark BRG exterior.

I ought to have more choices than Lapis Blue for the leather trim too! Why couldn't there be a green leather trim to match a BRG exterior?

I did send an e-mail to MINI NA to ask about the options. They said that there may be more choice in the future.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MadAboutMINI said:

I couldn't agree more! I would likely go with a cloth/leather vs. the space cloth, but given the color limitations I might still decide space cloth was the better bet.

I'm still trying to decide between BRG, DG and PS for my cooper S. Let's say I take the BRG. The tan leather would sure look nice! Since I can't get that, though, I only have 3 choices and in my opinion only the Space Cloth is light enough to offset the dark BRG exterior.

I ought to have more choices than Lapis Blue for the leather trim too! Why couldn't there be a green leather trim to match a BRG exterior?
Lapis Blue is the color of the cloth seating surface. The leather bolsters are Panther Black.

·
Registered
930 Posts
MINIAC said:

Lapis Blue is the color of the cloth seating surface. The leather bolsters are Panther Black.
This is the case in Australia but not the U.S., right? That would be great if we could get that combo.

We only get the Lapis Blue leather/Panther Black Leather combo. It's not available on the cloth :(

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
S2000&CooperS said:

This is the case in Australia but not the U.S., right? That would be great if we could get that combo.

We only get the Lapis Blue leather/Panther Black Leather combo. It's not available on the cloth :(
Right ... the purpose of this poll is to determine how your ordering of seat upholstery would change if the the US had the same choices as Australia.

I believe you voted that you would order Space Cloth regardless. Are you now saying you would order Lapis Blue cloth seating surfaces with Panther Black leather bolsters if they were available for $500-550? I can change your vote if you want.

·
Registered
930 Posts
No, I would probably still choose the Space Cloth.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd like to see more colored inserts to liven up the interior. I'm choosing black leatherette as I take two greyhounds to work with me daily.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Given Paul's less-than-thrilled reaction to the color/look of the space cloth in his test car, would that affect anybody's vote on their interior choice?

Last I knew, MINIAC would change your vote if you so desired.

The cloth seats looked a bit odd to me, not so keen on the silver, looked a bit plain.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I recently posted Space Cloth: Grey or Silver? asking for more input.

I may be switching to Leatherette if the seating surface is a bright silver instead of a subtle grey.

Anybody wanting to change their vote should send me a private message, indicating their initial vote and their new vote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts