MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dying to know (guess others are as well) what color interiors are going to be available with various exterior colors. Since I'm getting an "S" I'm especially curious as to colors available on the sport seats. Looks like the US cars will not have a cloth/leather combo...either leatherette (vinyl), cloth, or leather. Is that how ya'll read the specs so far?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I think the leatherette is a cloth/vinyl combo, not all vinyl and not all cloth (a no-cost option).

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
kshapiro said:
I'm dying to know (guess others are as well) what color interiors are going to be available with various exterior colors. Since I'm getting an "S" I'm especially curious as to colors available on the sport seats. Looks like the US cars will not have a cloth/leather combo...either leatherette (vinyl), cloth, or leather. Is that how ya'll read the specs so far?
In looking at the MINI brochure I got at the LA Auto Show, there are four upholstery options for the 'S':

Leatherette in Panther Black (PB / Silver Grey)

Gravity Leather in Lapis Blue (PB / Magnesium Grey)

Gravity Leather in Panther Black (PB / Magnesium Grey)

Space Cloth in Dark Grey (PB / Magnesium Grey)

For the Cooper:

Leatherette as above

Profile Leather in Panter Black (Panther Black)

Soft Leather in Cordoba Beige (Cordoba Beige)

Natural Leather in Emerald Green (Emerald Green)

Kaleido Cloth in Tartan Red (Tartan Red)

Kaleido Cloth in Panther Black (PB / Silver Grey)

The color following "in" refers to the seating surface ... all seats have Panther Black bolsters and headrests. I believe the color in parenthesis refers to the interior accents on the door panels, etc.

If the leather seats in the Dark Silver 'S' at the show were the Gravity Leather Black Panther ones, I'd call them more of a dark grey than black.

Sorry, I don't have a scanner or I'd post a picture of the upholstery page in the brochure.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: US Cooper Interior Colors?

Leatherette, Gravity Leather, Profile Leather, Soft Leather, and Natural Leather?

I've never heard of so many variations on leather. I know Leatherette is a fancy word for vinyl plastic, but I don't know what it looks like, is it grained like leather? Or is it like the old Mercedes MB-tex which was like a woven pattern?

And I know Profile Leather is the one with the bumps embossed in it, but what is Gravity leather, Soft leather, and Natural leather?

Does the brochure explain?

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Re: Re: Re: US Cooper Interior Colors?

BruceK said:
Leatherette, Gravity Leather, Profile Leather, Soft Leather, and Natural Leather?

I've never heard of so many variations on leather. I know Leatherette is a fancy word for vinyl plastic, but I don't know what it looks like, is it grained like leather? Or is it like the old Mercedes MB-tex which was like a woven pattern?

And I know Profile Leather is the one with the bumps embossed in it, but what is Gravity leather, Soft leather, and Natural leather?

Does the brochure explain?
No explanation, just some small (2" x 2") pictures. Profile has bumps as you said, Leatherette and Gravity look grainy, with Natural looking smoother and Soft the smoothest.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Thanks MINIAC, that's VERY valuable info that many have been waiting for. It seems very reliable as well. I was just at my dealer today (to get on the list for my Cooper to go with my "S" ;)) and they still didn't know interior options, even though they will get cars immediately since they are currently ready for the cars.

Brian

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does that mean there will be no leather/cloth combo's?

I've had my heart set on red cloth/black leather!!!

I wonder if I can special order it when the time comes.

Stephen
'02 Cooper waiting list
'94 530iT
'99 R1200C

·
4,984 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about the Kaleido Tartan red cloth interior for the Cooper not being immediately available. I seem to remember my dealer saying something about it coming out later this summer. I really like that combo, but now I'm wondering if the build date for my car might not come up before its available. Anyone have any photos of Kaleido Red?

·
Registered
252 Posts
My dealer now has samples in a book you can "touch". Check there. Thought about the red too as it would jazz up the interior, but decided on black cause I thought red on the blue exterior would be too odd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts