MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you are probably aware, there are two features for the 'S' that are being offered in other markets but not here in the US:

1. 16" 5-star wheels
2. seats with cloth seating surfaces and leather bolsters

I started two polls to find out what effect having these features available here would have on US MINI2 members ordering plans. While 62 members have voted in the poll on wheels, not even half that many have voted in the seat poll.

In an effort to get both polls in synch, I would like everyone to make sure that they have voted in both polls:

US Buyers: What wheels will you be ordering for your 'S'?

US Buyers: Given the availability of Cloth/Leather seats for $500-550, I would order

In addition to verifying that you have voted in both polls, please post to this thread indicating that you have done so. This will allow all US Cooper S buyers to identify each other (and set up a Buddy List if they wish).

If you are not a US 'S' buyer and voted in either of these polls by mistake, or are a US 'S' buyer and would like to change a vote, please send me a private message and I will adjust the voting appropriately. :)

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
I'm in...

on the polls.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
I voted in both :)

(and I'd like to be able to buy the on board trip computer separate from the Premium Package, but that's another story...)

·
Retired and relaxed
2104 BMW Z4 sDrive 35i
5,372 Posts
Done.
17's
gravity leather.

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
Done. Did it. I voted today!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have voted in both polls.

Thanx for organizing this, MINIAC. Let's hope they'll listen.
And I want to order my trip computer a-la-carte too!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I voted in both.
If we'e pleading to BMW for options, how about something a little more suitable than blue, as the only option to black?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree with BruceK, I do not want a sunroof but I DO want a computer. Consider my vote verified.

Tom

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, I voted in both polls:

- I like the 17" S-lites.
- I'd take the cloth/leather option if it was available. Otherwise, I'm going with Space Cloth.

Deposit paid. I think I've decided on Pure Silver with a black roof and no stripes. I'll take it with the luxury package, the sport package, heated seats, H/K stereo and park distance control. Oh yeah, and silver wheels.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I voted in both:)
17's because they are in the sport pack,would prefer R-90's
Leather. Wish there were more than two color choices:cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Voted in both and chose the V-spoke 16" but wish they had a polished lip. I will paint them a bright yellow color. Leatherette in black but I'd like to see the availability of colored inserts to liven up the interior (yellow of course.):cool:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Voted.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Voted.

though I don't know how I could ever make a decision on any of these options without seeing them (or feeling them) in person...

sixfoot6

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Voted!

Hopefully the dealers will come back from training with more info.

I would like to see the red/black tartan cloth available which is a rumor I heard before the dealers left for SF. The space cloth seems REALLY tame for the 'S'.

I wonder what aftermarket covers will be available? Let's get creative - Union Jack seat covers or true Tartan covers matching the cars color. Indie blue with dark blue tartan inserts in the seats!!:cool: :cool:

Wheels are still a question? Like the weight of the V-spokes but the style of the S-spokes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My vote is cast. I agree that some additional leather colors would be nice. Perhaps a nice gray. Red could be funky. I had a silver 528 BMW with red leather and it looked great.
:) :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts