MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new prices for the Cooper S in the United States is $19,850. Pretty good price for such an awsome little car!:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
rdelgado said:
The new prices for the Cooper S in the United States is $19,850. Pretty good price for such an awsome little car!:
Absolutely Unbelievable!

I'm going to buy two of them at that price! :) :) :) :)

Seriously, that's a nice $1,150 less than anticipated!

Happy happy joy joy!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Shwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett!!! That's great news!! Me very happy :D :D

·
Registered
930 Posts
So how much is the standard Cooper?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Any word yet on options pricing?

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
rdelgado said:
The base Cooper is $16,300
Amazing!!!

That's $1,700 less than anticipated!

I am stunned at both the Cooper and Cooper S prices. :)

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
Not a bad price, really. The $19850 base was a touch higher than I expected, but then I realized that the $19850 MSRP includes the $550 destination charge. A lot of dealers (and car companies) leave out the destination charge in the advertised price, they say "Only $21500!" then add (in the fast-talker voice) "plus tax, title, and destination". Looking at it from that perspective, the true base price is $19300, which is in the neighborhood I was expecting.

Still waiting to see the 'nuts and bolts' itemized price list, i.e. how much is the funky sunroof...

-Ricardo

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
MGB Boy said:
Not a bad price, really. The $19850 base was a touch higher than I expected, but then I realized that the $19850 MSRP includes the $550 destination charge. A lot of dealers (and car companies) leave out the destination charge in the advertised price, they say "Only $21500!" then add (in the fast-talker voice) "plus tax, title, and destination". Looking at it from that perspective, the true base price is $19300, which is in the neighborhood I was expecting.

Still waiting to see the 'nuts and bolts' itemized price list, i.e. how much is the funky sunroof...

-Ricardo
With all the previous press reports (plus the miniusa website) stating that the MINI Cooper will be "under $18,000" and the Cooper S will be about $3,000 more, how is it that you were expecting such lower prices?

Are you psychic? :) (and if so, can you help me pick some lottery numbers? :D )

·
Registered
261 Posts
All I want is a Sunroof and CD! Then I'm golden! I'll take two, one for each foot! :D :D :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
scratch that - I read the release

I can't believe you can get al the packages for 22500

wooooooo hooooooooooooo!

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
BruceK said:

With all the previous press reports (plus the miniusa website) stating that the MINI Cooper will be "under $18,000" and the Cooper S will be about $3,000 more, how is it that you were expecting such lower prices?
Not psychic, just a expecting a bit less based on dealer comments and MINI comments. Here's why; MINI hasn't really spoken of base prices in the past, they always spoke of "nicely equipped" or "well equipped" cars when giving the "Under $18K" type numbers. "Under 18K plus $3K more" is $22K. Cooper S + Premium Pack + Sport Pack + Cold Weather Pack = $22850. Almost a grand over, but close enough for government work.

Add metallic paint, leather seats, and the upgrade stereo system and you'll likely be over $24K. Add a couple more electronic goodies like the satnav system and parking distance control and you could easily be talking about a MINI that snuggles up to the $25K mark. It was my understanding that they would want to cap the top end lower than that, that a "loaded" Cooper S would come in around $23K. Don't get me wrong, I love the MINI (as well as the Mini), and I fully intend to get a Cooper S, but I also think $25K for a fully loaded MINI is a tough sell (if you are trying to sell it to someone who isn't a MINI freak like us). A person could get a Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor for that kind of money. That's all I meant by "a touch higher than I expected"...

-Ricardo (who still wants one)

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
MINIUSA have posted full price details, so let me revise my previous "top end" guess; A fully loaded Cooper S can be yours for just $26950. Crikey, a $27K MINI. Gonna have to pass on a few options. Who needs a $1600 GPS system that will cost you the cool central speedo? No thanks.

I'll be interested to see how stratospherically optioned some of the pre-spec first deliveries are...

-Ricardo

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree, cant wait to see the first few pre-spec and how loaded or unloaded they will be. I figured on most of the packages and was going to pick the color when I saw the car. Now on to the bank and start the house refinance paper work.
#3 S in St Louis
Mike:D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts