MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to posts on this board, the following dealers have been identified as ones who will sell the MINI at MSRP:

East Bay MINI (Pleasanton, CA)
MINI of Portland (OR)
MINI North Scottsdale (Pheonix, AZ)
Northwest MINI (Tacoma, WA)

Unfortunately, each of these dealers has at least 150 people on their \"interested parties\" list.

I have found another dealer in the West who will sell at MSRP and has only about 50 people on their list:

Desert MINI of Las Vegas (NV)

If you\'re interested in getting on this \"short\" list call John Christensen at 702-871-1010. Be sure to mention <b>MINI2</b> when you talk to him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am the MINI SME (subject matter expert) for a dealer in Ft Lauderdale Florida, not exactly in the West but we have customers from all over the place. We are taking reservations now too, with approx 70 combined Cooper and S orders pending at MSRP. Contact me at [email protected]auderdalemini.com for more info.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another dealer in the West sellling at MSRP with 70 - 80 people on the waiting list - about 75% of whom are waiting for an \'S\':

MINI of Murray (Salt Lake, UT)

The contact there is Troy Young at 801-892-6908.

·
Living in Mini Wasteland
351 Posts
My local paper (ARKANSAS) just had an article about the new MINI. Stating information about how some car manufacturers are getting ready to start marketing smaller cars :) for Americans. The main line on the story was about the new MINI, but there was also a blurb about the SMART car. The reason this post is here is that there was a quote from a MINI dealer in LA who is planning on selling the cars at $5000 over MSRP. I hope that there are no clowns :+ here is on that list.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I can\'t get any info from my local dealer, but if they try to boost the price by tacking on extra charges, I\'ll pass. I\'m afraid they will \"pull a Miata\" and try to sell the early cars for a few thousand over MSRP because there are always folks willing to pay it. I won\'t. If it means I will have to wait longer, then so be it. One way they get around the MSRP is to load the cars with \"options\" to raise the price, along with the dealer\'s profit. As I said a few months ago, it costs a lot of money to set up a dealership and you can\'t really blame the dealer for trying to recoup his investment as quickly as possible. If the demand for the cars exceeds the supply, the price will go up. When the New Beetle hit the market, they were going for several thousand dollars over MSRP because of the short supply. I hope the MINI won\'t be like that, but I won\'t be surprised if it is.

·
4,984 Posts
There are a number of posts on various threads that indicated that Desert MINI of Las Vegas was charging $2500 over MSRP for a dealer value pack and other mandatory accessories. I don't know if this policy has changed, but I suggest you get your price in writing from them to be sure.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That is correct about desert mini of Las Vegas. They are tacking on $2400 to the MSRP in dealer added options of your choice. That is the bad news, the good new is they do have a short wait list. It is less than six months from order to guestimated delivery.:mad: :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ditto on getting the contract in writing with everyone in complete agreement.

If it means MSRP with mandatory addons at MSRP, keep your wallet on a chain.

If you are told VIN etching is some legal requirment and worth more than $40 you are being lied to.

Those of us, as far as I know, who have been dealing with Mini of Murray have not had even a hint of double talk or pressure. Well worth the 782 mile drive home to do business with such nice people.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am going to leave my deposit at Mini Las Vegas. I will also take your advice by calling westchester, Salt lake, long beach, and long island. I have heard great stuff about all of those dealers. You never know when things will work out better.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Long Beach is MSRP. Don't know how long the list is, though. I faxed my order to Tony Lage 5/25, received email confirmation & production number from him 5/30, and my MINI is now in production (prod. date 7/19).

They have been wonderful to deal with: friendly, knowledgeable AND they are great about returning phone calls, too! Avoid Nick Alexander & Universal City MINI -- they both add BIG dealer mark-ups, over and above any options you may order. Good luck!:eek: :p :cool:

Cheers!
Clover

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
MINIclo said:
Long Beach is MSRP. Don't know how long the list is, though. I faxed my order to Tony Lage 5/25, received email confirmation & production number from him 5/30, and my MINI is now in production (prod. date 7/19).
Hey Clover! Wait when did u get a production number? After 5 days?? Cuz I just put myself on their list last Mon 7/8/02 and I wasnt given a production number or confirmation... did u put a down a deposit?? I wasnt ask to do that either... See I was told it was a 6 to 8 months wait wasnt told how long the list was or any other thing... I was told to call back anytime to check on the status... I spoke with Anthony... really nice guy. Might call him back this week to "check" on my status. hehehe :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Are these MSRP dealers real MSRP or MSRP plus mandatory extras?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rasmussen MINI in Portland will be at MSRP when it opens in August. The dealership is great here and I spec'd demo cars this week. :) The showroom is also coming along great. They poured the floor last friday and then the front facia in next. Soon we will have cars.....soon.

Jarid Perry
MINI Sales
Rasmussen MINI

P.S. We are a "real" MSRP dealer..no extras.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Keith said:
Are these MSRP dealers real MSRP or MSRP plus mandatory extras?

Long Beach is... MSRP no mandatory extras...

DOnt know about the other ones.. Preistege MINI is also... those are the only two that I know FOR SURE thats its MSRP wiht no dealer exras...

So what about Rasmussen MINI? heheh How longs the wait list?

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
But how long is the wait list? i think their web site said 200?? :eek:

But How many allocations do they get everymonth? maybe thye get 200 a month! :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
UCSDxBOi: How I got my production number: I sent an email message to Long Beach as soon as I knew they existed, back in March, which put me on their waiting list. Went down and met the sales staff in late March, made appointments to test-drive each MINI (Cooper, Cooper CVT, S), and kept in touch with them, as encouraged to do on their website. Asked Tony when it would be possible to order my MINI and he suggested faxing him my order on 5/24 or so. I never asked what number I was on their waiting list. Just made a point of staying in touch, being polite and friendly, and voila! When I faxed in my specs, I was thrilled to receive the confirmation email from Tony Lage, along with the production number. I don't know if someone dropped out and I slipped in, or what. At my advanced age, I've learned not to question the fates! :D

Cheers! :eek: :D :p :cool:
Clover

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
THat sounds nice!! I'll definetly do that too... keep calling them and K.I.T!! Ya I'm going to call them this week to schedule a appoitment for a test drive on the S I already tried the Regualr back in March at Assael MAN I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ON THE WAIT LIST SOONER!! oh wells... hopefully it wouldnt take as long as 6-8 months as Anthony said. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts