MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the progress of your local MINI dealer's showroom??

I'm very happy to report the MINI of Richmond showroom is finished!!! I dropped by yesterday and took the tour - it's an attached wing on the BMW showroom and separated by glass building blocks and a door on one wall and the other 3 walls have large glass doors/windows. Very nice. In the next 2 or 3 weeks, they'll be adding decorations, a big screen TV for MINI videos :D, and the cars themselves :D :D :D somewhere around March 18-22.

My dealer will be receiving approximately 30 cars (total month 1) around launch time, keeping 4 Coopers and 1 Cooper S for demos. I asked about the pre-spec'd cars, but they don't yet have access to the MINI "system" which tells the options and colors. Should know that next week, hopefully.

Also picked up the brochure (same part# as stated before) which is nice, but a little outdated as we already know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
As of late last week, BMW of Nashville still hasn't broken ground for their Mini dealership. They're saying it will be completed by June 1st, so even though I'm #1 on their list (for a Cooper S), it looks like I won't get my car until late July or early August.

·
Registered
38 Posts
MikeNSX said:
As of late last week, BMW of Nashville still hasn't broken ground for their Mini dealership. They're saying it will be completed by June 1st, so even though I'm #1 on their list (for a Cooper S), it looks like I won't get my car until late July or early August.
Will Mini of Nashville be selling cars before the completion of their showroom in June? I can't get a return phone call from the sales person there to answer questions. Looks like it WILL be a very long wait for people down on the list for an S. :( :confused:

·
Registered
783 Posts
MINI Northwest seems to be coming along. Two months ago, it was a fence surrounding a hole in the ground. Now, the walls are up, and the general shape is discernible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rumor has it that the owner of the Bavarian Village Motor Mall (Detroit) has an empty showroom. He is trying to negotiate a deal to sell MINIs from there. It is unknown whether or not there is a service area at that location. If not...looks like October for us. :(

Confirmations or denials of this rumor appreciated.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Don Rosen (Philadelphia)

Conversion of their former Mazda dealership seems to be proceeding on schedule. Should be ready to go @ launch date!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
All that is missing from Ferman BMW of Tampa Bay are the cars for sale!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Flow MINI in Winston-Salem, NC is close to being done. It is attached to the BMW dealership. Seperated by a solid wall. Glass walls are done, Tile floor is down, Offices are waiting for carpeting. The whole place needs furniture, flat screen TV and CARS! They said the deliver of cars had been pushed to the first of April.

Brad

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lemooz said:
Will Mini of Nashville be selling cars before the completion of their showroom in June? I can't get a return phone call from the sales person there to answer questions. Looks like it WILL be a very long wait for people down on the list for an S. :( :confused:
From what I am told, NO dealership will get cars before their showrooms are completed and approved by MINI.

This will of course also depend on what kind of pull the dealership itself has with BMWNA and other dealers. I would assume that Nashville will possibly get one early, as they are owned by a chain of BMW dealers and might just "buy" one for themselves and put it in another showroom. Nashville currently has a 1970 Cooper, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new one before the showroom is completed.

That's purely speculation of course.

·
Administrator
4,988 Posts
Niello MINI of Sacramento has a building frame up and rather feverish construction activity. They said it would be ready in a month, but that seemed a bit optimistic from what I could see.

·
Registered
785 Posts
MINI of Sterling, VA has been done for over a month.

·
Registered
7 Posts
MINI of Memphis is progressing well. They say June and I think they'll make it fine. I'm #18 there. List is for Coopers and Cooper S together. I'm sure some people that are getting them just want the mystique and will take whatever comes first in June...Cooper or S. So maybe I'll be in the top 10 as far as S's go.

We'll see.

Collin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lauderdale MINI's conversion of their used car showroom to MINI is progressing. They are planning on a grand opening of March 22 with Coopers in hand and Cooper S later in "summer".

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey all,

We at East Bay MINI are about 90% completed on our showroom. The paint is still drying and they are finishing up the tile floor. We will definately be ready for the 22nd!!! If anyone is coming to California for the ride and drive feel free to stop by and take a look! Thank you.

Jarid Perry
Director of MINI Sales
East Bay MINI

·
Registered
51 Posts
I attended MINI of Peabody's (MA) "Meet & Greet" last Tuesday (2/26/2002) evening. Unfortunately, they didn't hold it at the new store; but rather in their affiliated BMW dealership's service area! The managing partner, Warren Waugh, did say, however, that the MINI showroom would be ready to open by March 22nd (stocked with 30 MINIS, no less). Apparently, the actual location is a mile or two away from their BMW store; but directly across the street from their Land Rover dealership.

I have no idea how the other Boston-area dealer, Herb Chambers, is doing with their MINI showroom.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well in Mentor, Ohio our dealership is mostly built and the glass is in, but still needs flooring, pavement, etc. If i can I'll try to get some pictures.:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
status of local MINI dealership

The Columbus, Ohio dealership is lacking some flooring and furniture but is otherwise done. My dealer said it'd be ready to open on March 15 but the cars probably won't arrive until a week or so after.

minimott

·
Registered
27 Posts
Detroit MINI status

the word from the people in the BMW store (where I've been a few too many times in the last 3 months for M coupe repairs) is that they are screwed at this point & will not get cars until the new location (near their Audi store in Rochester) is finished, apparently in the October timeframe.

they had people from MINI into the BMW store in Eastpointe a couple of weeks ago to review a proposal to use the old Audi store's showroom for Mini sales until the new location is finished. this idea was shot down apparently.

there was some sort of excuse about them not getting the franchise awarded until late in the game, putting them behind on the purchase of the required land & the constuction of the building. it sounded a bit hollow to me.

we're looking at other alternatives as even with long lists at most other dealers we may be able to get a car elsewhere quicker. my fiancee is 3rd on the list at Detroit MINI, so not being able to get a car early on is pretty annoying.

Ben
'99 M coupe - leased, going soon
'88 M5 - 190k miles, daily driver
'87 332iS - track car
'03 Cooper S - hers

·
Bad Dog, Moderator
798 Posts
Towne MINI in Buffalo, NY

Just called my dealer, Towne in Buffalo, and they said their construction is done and they are awaiting furniture. They will open on time. Roll on March 22!!!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just spoke with my dealer once again. They will be officially opening on March 15, with the 30 cars due to arrive the following week (March 18-22) :D :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts