MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good prices, even from a Canadian's perspective.

Looks like you can build the car option by option--all except for the OBC (on-board computer).

I'm a bit of a gadget freak and I really want everything in my Mini, except for the sunroof (it's heavy and it doesn't look good on a white roof), and the nav (gotta have the central speedo). All the other gadgets don't weigh anything, so why not? If you don't opt for the Premium package, you can get the options seperately, but it doesn't look like you can get the OBC. I wonder if this is a typo.

Shawn

·
Registered
261 Posts
I gotta have a sunroof, although I agree that it does look a bit silly. I wonder what the standard Cooper S seats look like, if they are not leather? I'll be getting everything except for navigation, I think. $1,600 is a big chunk o' change. :cool:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree Spoolin, $1250.00 is a lot of change for leather. I know beef is expensive but that is just too much. Doing without the leather will also save me $ on the heated seat as well. The only ripoff that I have detected is the extra cash for the metallic paint. Since most of their colors are metallic, seems to me that they should charge extra for non-metallic! After all, paint is paint.... Overall I am very happy with BMW for delivering a product at or below the expected price.

Tom

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm hoping that the on-board computer as an option was just missed on the pricing list. I've emailed MINIUSA with the question

·
Registered
146 Posts
sdmidget said:
I'm hoping that the on-board computer as an option was just missed on the pricing list. I've emailed MINIUSA with the question
I also wrote MINI USA and received the following in reply. It seems that they are geeting the dealers in the loop even if they are not open yet. I have sent an e-mail to my dealer tonight.
[email protected]
To: edlfrey
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:44:20 -0500

Hi Edward! I'm with the corporate MINI team in the United States.
Thanks for writing in!

Your question is a popular one. The best thing for you to do is to contact your preferred MINI dealer. Check the "Dealer Locator" on the MINIUSA.com website. It's easy to use and it lets you conduct a search by either using our map or just by entering your zip code. Good Luck and
LET'S MOTOR!

Dealers Reply:

Unfortunatly we do not have any MINI product ordering guides yet, and do not expect them for about 6 weeks, please bear with us during this time. We have just broken ground on building our dealership so things are a little upside down.

So I still don't know if I can get only the On Board Computer or what it will cost.:( :( :(

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
edlfrey said:

....I'm with the corporate MINI team in the United States.
Thanks for writing in!

Your question is a popular one. The best thing for you to do is to contact your preferred MINI dealer. Check the "Dealer Locator" on the MINIUSA.com website. It's easy to use and it lets you conduct a search by either using our map or just by entering your zip code. Good Luck and
LET'S MOTOR!
Gee, that's not a form letter which avoids answering your question, is it? :rolleyes: Do you think every question asked is "a popular one"? ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
BruceK said:

Gee, that's not a form letter which avoids answering your question, is it? :rolleyes: Do you think every question asked is "a popular one"? ;)
I don't know about everyone else but I have ask two questions and they have both been "popular".:D:D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts