MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called ASKMini today. My MCS Convertible schedule for week 34 build date (week starting Aug 16)!!

Hopefully that should put my delivery to Wisconsin sometime in the first part of Septermber.

My specs:

Hot Metallic Orange MCS Convertible, black top
No stripes.

16" performance tire, 5 star rims
Sunrise seats
Interior body color
Chrome line interior
Chrono pack
Premium and Winter packages (got to have those heated seats in Wisconsin)
H/K stereo

Can't wait!! :)

Any one else in the US know their production week yet??

·
Registered
930 Posts
We have a Week 34 build also! Hopefully my parents will take the car. They are trying to decide amongst a few vehicles :confused: :eek:.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, you mean there's a chance they won't take delivery on it after ordering it?

What gives there? What other cars are they deciding between?

·
Got Bling?
41 Posts
Week 35 for me in Houston. Mine is a Hot orange MCC with a blue top and Sun rise interior. Chrome inside and exterior, body colored dash, HK, Xenon head lights, Sport Suspension and 15" wheels. (18" wheels waiting in the garage) :D

Come on September!

Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Herb: I'm week 33 as well ... (August 10th Completion date!) Shipping to CA as well. I bet we'll be shipmates!

G.

Mini Cooper S Convertible
Hot Orange with Black Top

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wow, lots of orange! I'm surprised. I like the orange but didn't think it would be a color you'd see a lot. Nice pick!

·
Registered
930 Posts
My parents went to see the Cooper cabrio (this one is BRG/Cordoba Beige) at Flow MINI this morning and fell in love :D so hopefully it's still a go. MINIUSA OL still shows "On Order" :rolleyes: :) but who knows. Here are the specs:

Cooper Convertible
5 speed
Purple Haze exterior
Black leatherette interior
Black top
Anthracite trim
Chrome Line exterior
16" 5-star wheels
Cold Weather package
Multi-function steering wheel

The car has now entered production as of today 8/7, but this afternoon I was able to delete the HK system. It should be completed by the end of next week! :cool: :cool: :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, mine still says "on order" in the owner's lounge.

Had to call ASKMini to get the production week (week 34).

Wonder why the OL can't tell you what the production week is??

·
Registered
930 Posts
MadisonMini said:
Yeah, mine still says "on order" in the owner's lounge.

Had to call ASKMini to get the production week (week 34).

Wonder why the OL can't tell you what the production week is??
Yeah, I don't know! Our status was the same as yours showing "On Order". The dealer had an updated list and it showed that it was moving into the production stage and was probably due to be completed next week - so that's ahead of schedule because I believe Week 34 is the week after next, the week of August 16th.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep Sportty, should be together on Don Quiote Southhampton 8/21 Port Hueneme 9/14. Saw a Hot Orange in person at a dealer preview last night. Very Nice....

·
Registered
59 Posts
HerbMarshall said:
Yep Sportty, should be together on Don Quiote Southhampton 8/21 Port Hueneme 9/14. Saw a Hot Orange in person at a dealer preview last night. Very Nice....
Well ... I'm excited to have a shipmate, but I sure hope I can catch an earlier boat! If figure I should be at the dock by Aug. 13th. I'd hate to think about the poor girl sitting there on a dock waiting for over a week.

:mad:

So Herb: When is your completion date? And where did you get the shipping info? I looked all over the NYK website and never found anything ... the schedule pages wouldn't even load.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Production Completed (Week 33)

Owners lounge shows "In Production" as does voice computer at Ask Mini, BUT the live person says production is complete and quality control done today and "Awaiting Transport". It will be a day or two before WW has a booking number. So, Sportty, we be sitting on the dock together. What's your VIN last 7? Mine TF80354.

·
Registered
59 Posts
HerbMarshall said:
Owners lounge shows "In Production" as does voice computer at Ask Mini, BUT the live person says production is complete and quality control done today and "Awaiting Transport". It will be a day or two before WW has a booking number. So, Sportty, we be sitting on the dock together. What's your VIN last 7? Mine TF80354.
I'm Awaiting Transport as well ... It's cool that we're both sittin' there chillin' ... hopefully in the sun! My VIN is TF80317. I guess I'm a few hours older than you!

However, from other posts, it doesn't sound like we will be shipped on WW. Mini seems to be using NYK instead for the West Coast. And unfortunately they don't offer any decent tracking information. I'll keep looking around for more info on this one. (Look in the July and August production forums here).

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got my VIN too!

According to ASKMini, mine started production on the 6th, but isn't schedule to be done until the 18th. Hopefully that involves a lot of quality control.

I'm getting nervous reading the problems the Europeans have been having.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another question...

If you go to "order detail" in the Owners Lounge, it tells you the VIN and production number.

There's a box below that says "Factory Order Options." My box is blank, even though I got plenty of options. Does anyone else have information in this box? I hope my options are included.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Options Box (Owners Lounge)

My box is empty too, and I ordered most all the options. The same thing was the case last year on a BMW order I had.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
About this Discussion
124 Replies
24 Participants
howardpm
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing