MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealership is already being built. The back area of it is done. How many other dealerships are in the process of being built out there?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Our dealer in Sterling, VA is open, opened a couple of days ago. No MINI stuff yet, they're waiting on MINI.
The one in Towson, MD is already built, they're waiting to move the BMW's into a new building which is basically without glass and signs.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The first dealer I left a deposit with doesn't even have the permits and zoning variances it needs to begin construction. My new dealer, BMW of Darien, is refurbishing a former muffler shop (at a different location) to be their dedicated MINI site. They are on track for opening in March. I am number #168 -- not so bleak, since I only want a Cooper.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Last time I saw it, my dealership was a hole in the ground, with a chain-link fence around it. Supposed to open in March.

·
Registered
930 Posts
My dealership Crown BMW/MINI in Richmond VA is converting an existing space (semi-open) to permanently enclosed. They are partially done with the construction. Hopefully they'll have it ready by March!

·
Registered
927 Posts
My dealer in Philadelphia area is converting a former Mazda dealership - supposed to be ready for March!

·
Summer Splasher
675 Posts
US Dealerships

"BMW of Darien, is refurbishing a former muffler shop (at a different location) to be their dedicated MINI site. They are on track for opening in March. I am number #168 -- not so bleak, since I only want a Cooper."

Clutch Cargo :
Right you are ! - The vast majority of that dealership is built - they are finishing up the interior now and have a very nice furniture package on order, awaiting delivery soon! I may be writing you soon(say in about a month) about your order, as I hope to be working there!

It's a shame some of the other metro NY dealers may not open in March - someone will have to sell their allotment of MINIs ! Wonder who?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, I haven't actually been to any of the MINI dealers in my area (southern california, LA area), but I've talked to several of them and they all have said they are on schedule to be open in March. Luckily there are quite a few in the area, so even if one or two aren't ready, there will still be several others that will be.

PigLick

·
Registered
179 Posts
My dealer here in Toronto is building a whole new bmw,mini dealership. Their old bmw dealership was pretty small but this new one in markham ( north toronto ) is gigantic. The main BMW showroom is a large two story building with a huge open showspace and then there is another huge building on the side of it which is the mini dealership. I am sure they will probably be able to fit around 20 cars in the mini side for sure with offices on the ground and upper levels. Its should open in Feb. from what my dealer tells me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts