MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work yesterday right before my exit I saw a new billboard. (I-95 South, just before Atlantic Blvd. exit, just in case anyone wanted to know)
I plan on taking a pic, but don't have it yet.
It is a black billboard with white lettering - very plain.
It says:

XXL XL L M S MINI
(and at the bottom it says) MINI.COM

I was very surprised to see it. Has anyone else seen a billboard?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
There's a MINI Bollboard on Canal Street NYC :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
billboard in orlando

There is a different MINI billboard located on Hyw 50 and Powers. Located on the north side of the street facing eastbound traffic.

Message is :
Soon small will mean huge the way bad means good
miniusa.com

Odd location for a MINI ad as it is not near the local dealership and this is not the best part of town

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
There are at least three billboards in the New Haven, CT area. And not a dealer within thirty miles.

·
Registered
408 Posts
NY

There are numerous ones around NY. One on the LIE that reads "THE SUV BACKLASH OFICIALLY STARTS NOW" ... basically the sams slogans that are scattered around www.miniusa.com ..

I like that they have no cars on them and only a person really interested to see what the heck the ad is about will do some searching ..

But ... hell the waiting list is still long :mad:

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
"Goliath Lost" is one of the billboards in the New Haven, CT area. Along with the "XXL XL L M S MINI"

·
Registered
48 Posts
NYC siting 2

The Xl, L etc. billboard is on the West Side Highway in New York. My son spotted it as we headed in to the NY Auto Show yesterday. Got in 2 hours before it opened for the BMW CCA club event. After drinking some free BMW coffee and chatting with the brand managers, we hightailed it over to Mini.

Made three or four trips over to their display while seeing the show. At one point I was answering a guy's questions ("do you work for Mini" he asked?). The guy manning the literature display whispered to my son and handed him two small brass coins with MINI stamped on them. Think I can get $22,000.00 for them on eBay?

Hope to see more billboards soon. I live within 20 miles of two Mini dealers (sorry you guys with no dealers). Should see quite a few.

MiniMike
Westchester County, NY
USA

·
Registered
408 Posts
The Ultimate Advertising ...

Well I just got home from Ground Zero/Wall Street area of Manhattan and guess what I saw????

Walking down on Broadway, a large black SUV (looked like a GMC Suburban) was carrying on it's roof a Red/White MINI with white wheels !!!!!! Driving all over downtown!

On the side of the SUV was a typical MINI ad "What fun thing are you doing this weekend?"

I wish I had a camera, the way they advertise these MINIs is great ... especially the fact that one was on top of an SUV was a riot ...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am sure that 'burb' will be rolling around for some time. Someone has got to get a picture of that. I need it for wallpaper, he he he:)

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
apache said:
I am sure that 'burb' will be rolling around for some time. Someone has got to get a picture of that. I need it for wallpaper, he he he:)
Here's an image of it from the US Gran Prix at Indy in Oct 2001 (credit to the original photographer):

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Philadelphia, PA

FYI, there's a XXL XL L M S MINI billboard on I-95 southbound just bast the I-476 interchange. I saw it about two weeks ago and forgot to post.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Here's another double decker MINI:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts