MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Caffeine Fuel'd
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've read that your the man to talk to about ICE upgrades. :)

I have a 2004 MCS with Boost Cassette, CD changer, Nav and a Phone kit. I am interested in putting a USB port in the clove box so I can stick a memory stick full of MP3s in, hopefully while retaining use of the CD Changer.

Hopefully it's not asking too much of the factory head unit?

From what I have gathered, the Gateway 400 is the way to go for this but I can't find it anywhere. I've seen mention of the Gateway 300 with the CD Retention Kit too, is this a possibility too? The retention kit sounds good because it has a toggle switch that can be mounted in the glove box to switch between the CD and USB?

Cheers for any advice!

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
The 400 is no longer made & the retention kit we have stopped selling as it is trouble.
You could use the 300 & lose your changer but you won't be able to use the titles as you have navigation :( then browsing mp3s becomes hard.
What phone kit do you have? factory?
You could fit the kenwood usb2 interface - this will do titles on your stereo BUT browsing is done from a seperate remote
Or fit a new stereo with USB facility

·
Caffeine Fuel'd
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply!

It's a factory-fitted Nokia phone kit, but I have a Sony Ericsson phone so its useless at the moment. Would be awesome if I could convert the dock/cradle to fit my phone. But anyway..

What about a new CD changer, I'm sure I read somewhere that there was a mp3 CD-Changer I could fit instead? I assume that would need a converter to fit with the factory fitted changer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts