MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all:

I've been trying to find and follow the post about the USB/iPod adapter for the Clubman. Specifically, I'm talking about using an iPod. Perhaps other have chosen to use a USB drive, but I have an iPod, so my questions are about using one.

Here are the options I saw for the ClubmanS I ordered in April 08.

1. Bluetooth and USB/iPod adapter (factory install option) -- $500
2. Comfort Bluetooth and USB/iPod adapter (factory install option) -- $1000
3. iPod adapter (dealership option) -- $350 (if I remember correctly)

I ordered option #1. Many of the forums here and on NorthAmericanMotoring ones have lots of information of these three options, but none specifically address the Clubman.

The biggest issue comes from whether there is an iPod dock connector in the cubbie above the glove box or is just an extra USB slot next to the AUX connector at the base of the center console.

My MA emailed me his answer: he says my factory installed option #1 has a dock connector in the cubbie. I don't need to buy anything else. Perhaps, option #1 is different on the Cooper or Convertible, but as far as the Clubman (if I 100% accept my MA's info...no reason I wouldn't), the iPod adapter is in the cubbie. I should still have an AUX connector for something else tho (XM/Sirius, CD player, etc)

What options have others gotten for their Clubmans? Is my MA's info true in reality? :)

thanks for the your help.

cheers,
albert

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello Albert,

From what I understand, Clubman and the R56 are identical from the front seats forward. I'd ask them to double check.

Maybe the complicating bit is the term 'cubby'? It might help to use the terminology 'center stack' (or maybe 'below the A/C controls next to the AUX-in') and 'secret compartment' to make sure you and your MA are each talking about the same spot.

Only the dealership installed iPod adapter would be in the secret compartment.

The USB port is always mounted down next to the AUX-in jack, but the 2009 cars add some extra confusion by having an option for USB capability in the armrest.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

My MA's email said that the iPod connector would be located in the "secret compartment" above the glove box. I specifically asked him if there would be a connector in the center console below the AC. He said no. I didn't order the dealer-installed iPod adapter. I ordered the $500 factory installed option on my 08 ClubS (built in Jun 08)

Again, lots of info on the forums about what option gives you what...to include confusing pictures on the MINIUSA.com site.

Thanks for the info. I'll just be surprised when I pick it up. :aargh:

Do you know if all iPods with dock connectors work with the interface or only newer ones? (iPod Mini v. iPod Nano)

thanks,
albert

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
nicknbecka is correct, of course.;) As for which iPods work, I believe they all work - it's all about the connection as far as I know.

·
Phooto
143 Posts
Just picked up a MCS, and the standard iPod cable does everything, iPod function, MINI connected etc. But the USB connector in the glovebox only charges, does not seem to do anything else. It's the connector in the centre stack that has to be used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts