MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Mini back in July from a main dealer. Car on an '06 plate, Mini One Seven.

Since then, its been back in the workshops for two separate weeks - a whole array of issues which they claim were sorted.

However, the coolant loss (see other post) is still going on. It seems like one thing after another has gone wrong with the car since purchase. I'm worried that it might be something big!

Thing is, where do I stand as a consumer? Its under warranty until next July, but I'm getting really brassed off with the constant problems. A|s they fix one thing, another goes pop! My 12 year old 4x4 never let me down, but like I said, it's going to be 3 weeks now overall without the car in less than 4 months.

Anybody got any ideas on this? I still love the Mini, but I'm having a bit of trouble loving this one......!

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Just to try and give a solution to your collant loss. My 06 Cooper had it's thermostat housing changed recently. This is a common fault, so much so that MINI have modified the part. Has your dealer changed this?

As for your desire to reject the car. Yes a car can be rejected. There are a few threads on here about this subject. Have a search, and also take advice from trading standards. Do you have finance on the car? If so is it MINI finance? The finance house is a useful tool in sorting these issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts