MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replace the stock cables to the front speakers on my MCC.

On previous minis that I had I did this by drilling out an unused portion of the door connector :eek: and threading through my own cable and connector. Because of the alarm on the MCC extra wiring now goes through this previously unused section so I can no longer use this method.

Inside the shell there are still two large connector positions that are spare and would be perfectly suitable for my own speaker wiring.

Does anyone know where I can locate some suitable terminals for the connector which is made by AMP?

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
GaryM said:
On previous minis that I had I did this by drilling out an unused portion of the door connector :eek: and threading through my own cable and connector. Because of the alarm on the MCC extra wiring now goes through this previously unused section so I can no longer use this method.
Really!?

I drilled out my door connectors long ago, and later abandoned back to stock - but more recently had the alarm system installed.
What alarm wires go through the door?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The convertible has microwave alarm sensors mounted inside the doors and there are 4 wires that pass through the door connector right where I drilled it last time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts