MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
COOPER S LOCAL
271 Posts
is it a big improvement over the following version otherwise i will stick with the current version.

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
anyone experienced any probs that were prevalent in the Beta ver?

is this now an official update?

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
With the BETA version my Sat Nav was fine for 2 weeks then it went t*ts up it started going over fields and stuff and even when left to reboot it said I was in Manchester or something miles away. Will try this new Version see if the same problems araise I do like the Perspective view thou ;)

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installed and running. It is my understanding that this is the official version and yes, I can see improvements in the code as far as perspective mode is concerned. I can actually tell a difference between the Beta code and this as this one renders much faster. I don't know if there is a huge difference between this one and the V26, but I will tell you that it seemed to calculate my route a little faster as well. I think that this release is more of a refinement over V26.

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
anybody get an error with unzipping it??
error:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Fabio Molle\My Documents\bmw v27.rar: Unexpected end of archive

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fabio said:
anybody get an error with unzipping it??
error:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Fabio Molle\My Documents\bmw v27.rar: Unexpected end of archive
Nope, no error. What are you using to unzip it? Winrar or Tugzip work the best.

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Super Flake said:
Nope, no error. What are you using to unzip it? Winrar or Tugzip work the best.
I tried using both of them, same result

EDIT: I redownloaded the rar file and it seems to work fine now

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fabio said:
I tried using both of them, same result

EDIT: I redownloaded the rar file and it seems to work fine now
Glad that you got it working. You must of had a hiccup in the download. :)

MHoutman, how are you doing? :)

·
Half a dent
1,413 Posts
Finally downloaded it (15 KB/s!)
Upgraded NAV.
Enabled perspective in hidden menu

But-no perspective. Not sure why. Have BMW changed the hardware since July 2004? (ie TMC enabled version)

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
rentagas said:
Upgraded NAV.

But-no perspective. Not sure why. Have BMW changed the hardware since July 2004? (ie TMC enabled version)
Rentagas, in map mode, you have to click the select buttom and go to where you would change the travel direction. There you will see the selection for Perspective. Enabling it only turns on the menu. :)

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
rentagas said:
Upgraded NAV.

You need to enable it via the secret menu goto Set then hold down the Menu button until another screen pops up go to the bottom and enable it, you should then be able to select it via the normal method ;)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts